Page 1 of 3
Lmao, it seems lately that we have been crapping all over our favorite music genre with all these dislike threads.. lol..

Lets talk positively and nicely about the music we like for a change.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
i like the hair =D especially kirk hammetts, i prefer older metal simply because i dont like all the screaming in all the newer stuff. i still like a few bands though liiike...bullet for my valentine, despite having screaming in it :P
Metal music is the most varied, experimental,and intense music out there.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I like newer metal with the screaming :P I also refer the newer style of dressing, i.e no long hair and no all black clothing.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

Best post so far, mine was rather indifferent and actually a bit of a poke at the metal scene :P
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

+1
The cathartic quality of it.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
The technicality of the music. I like to listen to bands that have good musicianship and a lot metal bands have that, especially in death and progressive metal. I'm not saying that no other genre of music has good musicianship, but metal is my favorite. I also like how diverse metal is. There are so many sub-genres of metal and a lot of bands to listen to. I also like the heaviness of the music and how it is not mainstream, with the exception of a couple of bands. I hope metal never becomes mainstream, because then it would become a trend.

EDIT: And I would like to add, nice idea threadstarter. That one thread about things you don't like about metal was making me sick. There was about 40 pages of posts. Let's hope this thread gets bigger than that one.
Last edited by IronMaiden5 at Sep 15, 2007,
I like the aggression and the technical ability. Metal has the most talented musicians of all music. I also like the community aspect.
No other style of music gives me that "spine tingling" feeling I get when I hear some quality music.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by nvr_too_drunk29
solos!!!!( sorry i play guitar what can i say)

so does everybody on this forum

(bassists are guitarists too)
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

awesome loooooooooong hair.... headbanging guitarists and bassists everywhere

.... my hair is pretty long too^^
Proud Member of UG´s HATECREW and the Tool Thread Biznitches

also proud member of the Jennerweinschützen Siegensdorf
Quote by x0rsist
I like newer metal with the screaming :P I also refer the newer style of dressing, i.e no long hair and no all black clothing.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

But seriously, i love how the music gives you an adrenaline rush, how down to earth most the musicians are, and lest be honest, metal girls are much hotter, their style, their attitude and their tase in music
The overwhelming number of bands that stand out even though they're still part of the same sub-genre as well as the overall diversity of Metal. Also, it seems a lot of Metal bands want to be more technical than other mainstream genres.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

things that i like about metal.....the music maybe? i just like metal because i enloy the music, not because it "gives me a sense of community" or some other pretentious BS like that. just my two cents....
hello
^ Whats so pretentious about a community aspect to the music? I think it's pretty cool to meet some stranger in the street who notices your t-shirt and talk about metal and **** with them. Or going to a concert, where many of the people there have the same passion for the genre you do. Or going on to a forum like this and getting help from other fans to find cool new bands. Metal fans are extremely passionate about the music alot of the time, even if there open-minded to other music, so there connected on that basis.

As for what I like about metal, the concerts, where you can go crazy and bang your head like a maniac and thats actually pretty cool, and how the emotions portrayed by the music are appealing, and exceptionally varied. I also love the hair. I haven't had a full haircut since I was 13 (I'm 17 now) and I love it. I actually like the armor and leather aesthetic of the music too.
Nothing. Its horsesh*t.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by Inno_a_Satana
things that i like about metal.....the music maybe? i just like metal because i enloy the music, not because it "gives me a sense of community" or some other pretentious BS like that. just my two cents....

I can see what you mean, but people generally don't listen to a form of music because of the community around it. They listen because they like it, and they take the community with them.

On that note, the metal community is generally a pretty big plus for the genre. There are a bunch of idiots within the community, to be sure (usually the elitists are the problem), but from what I've seen the metal community has more intelligent and accepting people than other genres of music.
I pretty much like everything about the tr00 metal. Can't really think of much I don't like, pretty much cause I Is KVlt
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by Adz2706
i like the hair =D especially kirk hammetts, i prefer older metal simply because i dont like all the screaming in all the newer stuff. i still like a few bands though liiike...bullet for my valentine, despite having screaming in it :P

rofl
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I like the fact that there +1000 number of subgenres. It has everything you'll never need.
Neoclassical, Folk, Teh br00talz... you name it. Metal's got everything.
I like the music. The guitarist's and vocalists to be particular, Metal has a lot to like.

Also the spiked boots are pretty kickass too. Plus all the leather.
I can't think of anything that I like. Maybe that I get a lot of attention because I am the embodiment of metal. Otherwise, ****'s pretty gay. The folk metal community is nice and welcoming. Everyone is so nationalist that there's always something to talk about!

Yeah, that's about it.
- Celtic folk metal | - Folk metal | - Folk Metal label/Distro
Just the awesome music that captivates me whenever I listen to it. You can go ahead and be a tr00 metalhead and wear your spiky wristbands and band shirts and whatnot. I'll take the music.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Long Hair, Heavy br00tal riffs, Leather Pants, Dragons, and other **** hahahahaha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Vocal talent not being a prerequisite for being a heavy metal vocalist
If you are a crappy guitarist, like myself, you can get away with it by playing doom
The slightly stale, musty smell of my grubby beer-drenched denim jacket after a show
The fact you can be stuck in the late 80's and no-one gives a toss
Skullets
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
the festivals.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
The variety and innovation. The fact you can go from Agalloch to Pig Destroyer, and it'll still be metal.

I would like to say the community, but there's too much hate of other genres and elitism. I like the open-minded, untr00 community.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by flying_phoenix
^ Whats so pretentious about a community aspect to the music? I think it's pretty cool to meet some stranger in the street who notices your t-shirt and talk about metal and **** with them. Or going to a concert, where many of the people there have the same passion for the genre you do. Or going on to a forum like this and getting help from other fans to find cool new bands. Metal fans are extremely passionate about the music alot of the time, even if there open-minded to other music, so there connected on that basis.

I agree with you, a hundred percent.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
hahaha in school pictures, I wore a Carcass shirt, and the photographer goes "Holy ****! Carcass? I haven't seen one of those shirts in years!" So I held up the pictures for a bit talking to the guy about Carcass hahahaha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Page 1 of 3