I'm building my own guitar fo the first time and I have a couple of questions about Floyd Rose bridges.

Firstly, will a Floyd Rose Original fit in a standard stratocaster routing, on this guitar http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Bodies/1/Strat_Bodies/Details.html#details

And secondly, do I have to put the locking nut on the neck, or can I just leave the original on this neck http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Necks/1/Replacement_Neck_for_Strat/Pictures.html#details

thanks for any help.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Yes, it can be surface mounted, or if you route it a little, it'll fit better again.

You will need a locking nut, or at least some locking tuners and a good nut grease/graphite.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If that little black thing is where the bridge is supposed to go... no way, haha.

And you don't need to put the locking nut on, but it's probably gunna come out of tune a lot.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by HavokStrife at Sep 15, 2007,
thanks

so locking tuners and some more routing and it should be ok?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Yes polaroid, it can indeed be surface mounted in the existing route, but you will have limited use of the floyd and action will be harder to adjust to the point you may have to shim the neck. A lot of old charvels were top mount. There are several options for locking nuts even schaller makes one that goes above the nut if you don't have the neck setup for a sting lock.

HTH,
R-
Don't drink water, fish #@$! in it.
heres a peice of advice my freind- i would not put a floyd rose on your guitar! i have on my frankenstien replica and it is extremely hard to use the whammy, it goes out of tune constantly, and its virtually impossible to change the strings! at least in my humble opinion(IMHO!)
enter the shred chamber of yingwee malmstien!!!!!

setup:
original 62 gibson les paul
EVH Eddie Van Halen frankenstein replica
mesa dual rect

uber pownage!
Quote by dmannuci=SHRED
heres a peice of advice my freind- i would not put a floyd rose on your guitar! i have on my frankenstien replica and it is extremely hard to use the whammy, it goes out of tune constantly, and its virtually impossible to change the strings! at least in my humble opinion(IMHO!)

All you need is a good floyd system, preferably an Original Floyd, A Kahler or a Schaller system or even a Ibanez Edge or ZR Trem.

It you have to cut back on the costs get a licenced one, but even then try get a higher priced one like a Gotoh model.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do