for some reason while im playing, my spider ll amp suddenly gets really loud for no reason. ive tried changing the cable and with different guitars but it still happens. does any1 know wot cud be wrong?

thanks
Ibanez RG570 w/Dimebucker , Seymour Duncan 59
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
Well it actualy IS a spider so that might be it , but it might be some internal problem.
No idea though.
do they have any kind of tubes in it at all, like the preamp or anything? if so you may need to replace it
Quote by Dauntless
do they have any kind of tubes in it at all, like the preamp or anything? if so you may need to replace it

no they don't.

maybe you accidentally turn your guitar's volume ??
Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 15, 2007,
no i dont touch the volume, it just suddenly happens while im playing, really annoying
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
O.o can you describe this "Loudness" as in does it get loud with distort, or does it get loud only with a certain effect being used?

Also watch out, people seem to hate spiders here. so you might get some flaming in here, don't take it personal
its just the master volume. it just suddenly goes really loud so that i have to turn it down. proberly sounds a bit stupid but it ****ing anoying
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
I agree it's probally annoying, So it's just the master volume? How long have you owned it, and did you buy it new or old?
Sell your Spider.....Problem Fixed
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

IIRC, someone posted a thread like this not too long ago and they figured out that the vibration from the volume of the amp was messing with the master volume knob...
Quote by T!AN
IIRC, someone posted a thread like this not too long ago and they figured out that the vibration from the volume of the amp was messing with the master volume knob...

This could be true, One of the reasons i asked how old it was, due to the fact that the older they are the more loose some parts could get.
i bought it new and its bout a year old. so wot u think i shud do?
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
Quote by reflex_182
i bought it new and its bout a year old. so wot u think i shud do?

i tink you shod learnn too spel prperly. its fukkin annoyin.
take it to the store where you bought it.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 15, 2007,
Ah for goodness sake people, give up the flaming. It's really getting old.

Unless it only happens when you're changing channel, i've no clue.

I'd say ask in the shop you bought it in.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Your problem is that you own a poor quality amp
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Don't you love the sincerity you get when you want help eh?
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Might be a dirty volume pot. Clean all the pots (the thing the knobs turn, looks like a coin) and the input and output jacks with contact cleaner. Unplug the amp and allow to dry before trying. Good luck.
Quote by Darkel
Ah for goodness sake people, give up the flaming. It's really getting old.

Unless it only happens when you're changing channel, i've no clue.

I'd say ask in the shop you bought it in.

Thank yah man, at least your with me on this flameing stuff.

Yah try cleaning out the pots and the jacks. Also check and see if anything is obsessivly loose. maybe even put some tape over the volume knob and see if it's moving at all.
The title of this thread made me LoL.

seriously though, try resetting the amp. Otherwise sell it and get something better.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by T!AN

That's happened to me acouple times.
How many Watts is it? My half stack does the same thing haha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.