Hey guys i need some help choosing which guitar to buy. I have been out looking round guitar shops and trying things out today and i have found two awesome guitars but can't decide between the two.

The first is an epiphone Les Paul custom for £399 the second is an Ibanez RG1570 MRB for £599. I have about £600 to spend which took me all summer to save up.

At the moment i have a ****y squier strat and the fender 15W frontman amp that came with it. If i get the ibenz i wouldn't be able to get a decent amp and would have to run it though the crapy fender amp for a couple of months but if i got the epeiphone i would be able to get a decent marshall amp aswell.

I know i won't have enough money to buy another guitar for ages which makes the decision even harder. So does anyone have any experience with these guitars and any advice on what to do?
get the les paul, they sound great even if it is an epi, and that way u got a little bit of money to spend for an amp.....but thats ust what i'd do.
^ Agreed, although I do love Ibanez, I've gotta say that the Epi is going to serve you much better. And the amp is responsible for half the sound you're going to get.
The Pit. The Movie.
i was informed there would be guitar chocies, i am disapointed.
=MAY THE HAND OF GOD STRIKE THEM DOWN=

+Rip Dimebag+

Gear:

Ibanez RG170
Epiphone SG Standard G400
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Boss V-WAH
Digitech Whammy
Spider Line 6 II 30W
screw a guitar get a good amp
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

In that price range you are better off with the Epi LP. I don't trust the Edge Pro trem to be good (some may disagree.)
You're not going to get a decent Marshall with that money, you're probably looking at an MG, but that's a whole different story. I say get the Les Paul, then come back to UG with a price range and musical styles you play, so we can help you get the best amp for your money.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You should get the Les Paul and by a vox amp instead of a marshall, they sound better.
go play a schecter. With your price range, the C1 blackjack is probably your best bet. I used to be an ibanez guy strictly until I stumbled across schecter.....now they are all I own. I was shopping for a new ibanez when I found these guitars. I hadnt bought an ibanez in a while and was a little dissapointed at the quality lately. Ibanez has gone downhill over the years. They still make some great guitars, but the great ones are very expensive(back in the day, every ibanez used to be as good as those real expensive ones of today)! Now the cheaper ones are truly cheap(not like they used to be......)!

So yeah, try the Blackjack. Its their cheapest one I beleive with real pickups in it(got real duncan JB and 59's while many of the others under 600 bucks have duncan design). All good woods, a real nice set neck and all that stuff! That was the first schecter I bought and I still rely on it all the time. Not sure if there is a better guitar out there for under 600 bucks!

Check this link

http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Click on "guitars" and then the list of all modles will come up. The offer the blackjack in various styles(C series, S series, Tempest....). I like the C series the best. If you dont like it.....then move on I guess! But definitely dont pass up the opportunity to try them out, and I figure the C1 blackjack is the best guitar they have to offer for what you wanna spend.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
Thanks i'll probably get the les paul, i tried to look at the schecter website but it didn’t work but i will try one out when i go to buy the les paul. I don't know what amp to buy but i was thinking of getting a marshall price range is about £200 - £300(if i can borrow some money off my parents) i was looking at the MG or AVTX ranges any idea whats best? I dunno about vox amps my friends have been saying bad things about them but if you can suggest any good ones I will try them out.
kk i have a look at some vox amps. does anybody know weather line 6 amps are any good? My mate thinks they are awesome but i am not sure.
Are the marshalls really that bad? I thought that any marshall would sound good.
I play loads of different stuff from blues to metal but mostly rock and metal
Stay away from Line 6 Spiders, Marshall MG's and AVT's. Line 6 Vettas are professional quality, Flextones have a decent reputation. Most of the all tube Marshalls are great. For the best sound (in my opinion) go with an all tube combo and some good analog stomp boxes.
you're getting gipped on the price of that rg1570. you can get them for £450 if you shop around, if not even slightly less.

i also wouldn't pay £400 for a korean/chinese epi; you can get an edwards or tokai (both japanese-made, and very nice) for very little more.

i also think you should get a new amp too. marshall avt's and mg's are, as papersun eloquently suggested, garbage. For hard rock and metal for around £300, i'd be taking a look at a peavey valveking 112, ashdown fallen angel 40 watt combo (these have been discontinued and may be hard to find), and randall rg50tc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Can any one suggest a good all tube combo amp for under £300 preferable under £250?
ESP EC400 if youre looking for a really agressive sound
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Nitro285
Can any one suggest a good all tube combo amp for under £300 preferable under £250?

yes, but not really for metal. the valveking, fallen angel, and randall rg50tc are about as cheap as it gets for high gain on a budget. If you're lucky, you can sometimes pick up a new FA for about £240, as they've been discontinued.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ zaphod (if someone could remember his full screen name, i can't, it would be helpful) is selling his 60watt fallen angel for £300 which i think is a fair enough price, i'm sure he can be talked down a little.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
it's beebobbler or something like that. that's not exactly spelt correctly, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
beebobbler i picture a child in a bumble bee costume

anyway the actual screen name is Zaphod_Beeblebr and he is still selling it, so send him a PM, or check gear ads for his thread
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
haha, close enough i guess.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?