and it turned out to be amazing? im thinking about doing so because last week was my birthday and my parents told me theyd buy me a new guitar so ive narowed it down to an Ibanez RG350ex(white) and a guitar from Western that looks exactly the same, except no pickguard, coil tap and a FR. they sound almost the same and the Western is 20$ cheaper. so again i ask, have you ever bought a no-name guitar and it turned out to just be sheerly amazing?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Fischer Price guitars are t3h sickness.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Once I'm done with my project I can tell you.

But my main guitar is a no name strat from Japan which I and everyone likes playing, the pickups sucked, but that's what Dimarzio is for.
Can't say I've bought a no-name guitar, but I kinda own one since my Epi Les Paul now says nothing on the headstock...It's just wood. I can't wait until I get this whole entire thing sanded down...The back is almost done.
That's the closest to a no-name guitar I have. Usually the ones that you build that come in a box are completely crappy.
They dont sound the same to you because of (and sorry for judging by join date) you know very little about guitars.

for the sake of $20 get the Ibanez just to be more sure about it because they are a wekk trusted brand.
if it's only $20 cheaper i'd probably go for the Ibanez

there is a little guitar shop near my house that has some pretty decent no-names though...one of these days i'm gonna go buy one and customize the hell outta it
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Wow, I totally forgot to give advice on what guitar to get.
Ibanez all the way. You might not realize it now, but the Ibanez is probably a lot better than the Western. Also, look at a few other Ibanez guitars that are available. I should have done that when I bought mine.
I bought a guitar for $330 about a year ago called switch. I don't think they are to popular or well known.
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
Quote by dazzler16
They dont sound the same to you because of (and sorry for judging by join date) you know very little about guitars.

for the sake of $20 get the Ibanez just to be more sure about it because they are a wekk trusted brand.

ive been playing for a year and get in about 2-4 hours of practice, i joined UG late cuz i had nothing to do :P
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
ive been playing for a year and get in about 2-4 hours of practice, i joined UG late cuz i had nothing to do :P
and that's really not very long...you plugged both guitars into the same amp when you tried em out right?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
and that's really not very long...you plugged both guitars into the same amp when you tried em out right?

yep
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
I would get the Ibanez, it's only $20.

And the Spectrum in my profile is technically a "no name" and it's amazing. I love playing it.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Metallicaman42
I bought a guitar for $330 about a year ago called switch. I don't think they are to popular or well known.

I've played a couple of switch guitars before. They felt really nice, but they were maintained so horribly at the store I was in. Way out of tune, action was too low. I was disappointed in Fazio's that day. Well, I'm never really excited for them, either. haha
sometimes amplifiers can make guitars sound very similar, you got to listen for the subtle stuff, compare the sustain of teh two under teh same settings, check the reaction to effects, see how easy it is to bend notes, playability is a big thing, see which one feels better, which one feels more comfortable to hold, and most importantly, which one looks cooler!!!! well, not teh looking cooler part, but check the rest, you would never know, the cheap guitar could be a lot better for you personally, but dont get it just for the sake of twenty dollars, cause you could spend a lot more trying to make it better!
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
I bought a Drive Wildfire X2 and it's turned out to be my main guitar. I use it more than my 600 dollar floyd rose and my Tele.

I LOVE my wildfire.

and it was cheap as hell.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Quote by drugless_stoner
sometimes amplifiers can make guitars sound very similar, you got to listen for the subtle stuff, compare the sustain of teh two under teh same settings, check the reaction to effects, see how easy it is to bend notes, playability is a big thing, see which one feels better, which one feels more comfortable to hold, and most importantly, which one looks cooler!!!! well, not teh looking cooler part, but check the rest, you would never know, the cheap guitar could be a lot better for you personally, but dont get it just for the sake of twenty dollars, cause you could spend a lot more trying to make it better!

t'is what i did and the western looks better and more comfortable with a neck-thru but the ibanez weighed a lil less. gota check bends and sustain tho.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
No.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
My dad's friend built him a guitar out of mahogany wood about 15 years ago. I played it today and it sounded better and was easier to play with than any other guitar I have ever played. The action was so low you barely had to touch the string to play a note, yet it gave off no fret buzz. The only problem is that the input is kind of messed up...
i almost bought a stagg a long time ago when i was just getting into the gear side of being a guitar player

in retrospect it was a solid move not buying it
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by zombie_monster
My dad's friend built him a guitar out of mahogany wood about 15 years ago. I played it today and it sounded better and was easier to play with than any other guitar I have ever played. The action was so low you barely had to touch the string to play a note, yet it gave off no fret buzz. The only problem is that the input is kind of messed up...

Two guys I know from church (both guitarists, both carpenters) are going to take a stab at building guitars. When Ridenour/Holland guitars become famous, you can say you heard about them here first.