hey everyone is was wondering if it was possible if i could remove the trem on my guitar and put a hardtail bridge on it. thanks. also any were i could get directions on how to do this would be nice.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
you can just put a block of wood in the trem cavity. basically making ur trem a fixed bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If u have a Strat-style trem, then u can buy a bridge that looks like one, but is a string-thru and not a trem. u would have to gut the trem cavity, get a bock of wood, glue it into ur cavity, and then either edrill string holes or put a TOM/Stoptail or a Wrap-around.
Put two pieces of blocks under the trem, and both sides of the cavity. Try and move the trem, if it doesn't, you're good to go. Take off the arm, and you got yourself a hardtail.
Quote by Colgate Total
Put two pieces of blocks under the trem, and both sides of the cavity. Try and move the trem, if it doesn't, you're good to go. Take off the arm, and you got yourself a hardtail.

auctauly that doesnt sound half bad...if my trem wasnt already bent. thanks anyway
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.