Page 1 of 2
Anybody ever been in a situation where your gf or bf had the most terrifying parents who were hard to get along with?

Anybody have any tips for getting along with parents who are quick to judge or just flat out intimidating?
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
My ex's didn't like me for ages tbh it didn't bother me in the slightest, i was there for her not them.

Oh yeah, just be yourself.
Heh yeah.

It can be proper weird. My ex's (lol...) liked me alot.

The dad was good friends with Joe Strummer. pwnage.
Well, I've been scared of one of my ex's parents for awhile now. Me and her are still friends and I needed money so they'd let me do yardwork for them. Her father hands me a air power chisle and tells me to chisle the mortar off of bricks. He simply hands me the power tool and walks off. Another time was when me and her mother got into a heated arguement about whether this guy was 'lick him' hot or not. O.o
The Pit. The Movie.
Shave your pubes and put them in thir mouths while they're sleeping. That'll show 'em.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by altgrunge
Be intelligent, nice, trustworthy, mature. That's what I do and my girlfriends parents love me.

It works with nice parents.

Out of all the friends that are girls I've ever had, I've never had a problem with parents. Actually, they all really liked me.

I even jokingly told one of them their daughter was pregnant and they just lol`d.

However, my girlfriend's parents are terribly hard to get along with. They're... okay sometimes. We don't fight, and we basically just try to stay out of each other's way.

But in all honesty, they are rude, self-righteous and socially backwards.
I was in a situation like that, my girlfriends father was terrifying, so our solution was to pretend we were'nt dating. I don't know how he didn't catch on, her and I were always hanging out, and i had these inexplicable marks on my neck that would only show up when I was with his daughter...I don't know, he musta thought I was gay or something.
my ex's dad was a 6 foot 5 ex- center for the Green Bay Packers. all of you can stfu about being scared.
When in doubt, flop it out!

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
I've never had any problems, just be intelligent, nice, trustworthy and mature like altgrunge said. Don't give them any reason to dislike you...
haha oh yeah ive been there, my ex gf's parents are the reason we broke up.

Just offer to help them whenever you can, show them you respect both their daughter and them. The best thing you can do is NEVER break their rules... its one thing to do it at your own house but not at theirs.
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
dont be scared of them, i've never had problems with any. they are usually nice but even the one's that aren't don't scare me because im smarter than them and know how to work them.
if they seem intimidating it's probably just because they're a bit protective at first and just want to work you out. If your not a twat im sure you'll get along in time
Quote by ebbbaaa
Shave your pubes and put them in thir mouths while they're sleeping. That'll show 'em.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Be polite, but on a level that is real because they can see right through you. Also, don't dress in anything that makes you look like a goof. Parents are going to be quick to judge, so you need to look your best. I walked in to an ex's house with a Deicide shirt on and saw pictures of Jesus everywhere. Good thing I had a sweater.
Quote by Burningritual
dont be scared of them, i've never had problems with any. they are usually nice but even the one's that aren't don't scare me because im smarter than them and know how to work them.
if they seem intimidating it's probably just because they're a bit protective at first and just want to work you out. If your not a twat im sure you'll get along in time

another thing, never listen to this guy... You NEVER want to think you are smarter then the parents, even if you are. That is an immediate sign of dissrespect and it will get you no where. Always listen to what they say and show them you put it to use.
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

My girlfriend is Vietnamese, her parents are so damn strict and her dad doesnt even know about me.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by Spay
Another time was when me and her mother got into a heated arguement about whether this guy was 'lick him' hot or not. O.o

Now that's dedication
I r Pirate!
Quote by altgrunge
Be intelligent, nice, trustworthy, mature. That's what I do and my girlfriends parents love me.

+1

Look them in the eyes
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
my ex's dad was a 6 foot 5 ex- center for the Green Bay Packers. all of you can stfu about being scared.

My ex-girlfriends dad was an ex-marine with a bad tempor and a history of violent crimes, that didn't like to see his daughter dating. So quit with this **** like you're the only one that's been in that situation, so lets just all get along, and share stories about the scary guardians of whoever we might have been dating at one time or another.
Quote by rworsl
My girlfriend is Vietnamese, her parents are so damn strict and her dad doesnt even know about me.

I feel for you, my ex gf was chinese, her parents and grandparents moved here straight from china.
Quote by Burtonjp

Carry a gun. Weapons = respect.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
My girlfriends Mum is a fun drunk and her Step dad used to play guitar in a band. Also, her real dad is an animal cares person with a heart of gold.

I've got it too easy =]
Quote by david_highland
My ex-girlfriends dad was an ex-marine with a bad tempor and a history of violent crimes, that didn't like to see his daughter dating. So quit with this **** like you're the only one that's been in that situation, so lets just all get along, and share stories about the scary guardians of whoever we might have been dating at one time or another.

wow. actually, my post did come off as slightly dick-ish, I apologize. but yeah, big, muscular parents with short tempers are scarier than normal parents.
Quote by davidson22
another thing, never listen to this guy... You NEVER want to think you are smarter then the parents, even if you are. That is an immediate sign of dissrespect and it will get you no where. Always listen to what they say and show them you put it to use.

do listen to me. if you think you're smarter but the parents are able to pick up on this then you are blatantly NOT smarter than they are. You are missing my point
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

Siigged

But sadly I have never gotten to meet a girlfriends parents
My girlfriends parents love me. When im over at her house I can always have a good chat with her dad
Best advice possible is not to get caught in bed by her father!
Learnt that one from a big experience.

1am outside her house with a t-shirt and a pair of boxers :/
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Burningritual
do listen to me. if you think you're smarter but the parents are able to pick up on this then you are blatantly NOT smarter than they are. You are missing my point

Either way, if they don't pick up on it then you are still showing that you dont treat them with respect. If you cant give them that respect you will never learn to give them any respect and there for you will fail. Maybe not in the short term but in the long run... yes.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by Will_Minus
Carry a gun. Weapons = respect.

lol
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Best advice possible is not to get caught in bed by her father!
Learnt that one from a big experience.

1am outside her house with a t-shirt and a pair of boxers :/

Sage advise, but it would also be wise to not get caught in bed WITH her father (I learned that one the hard way), probably not her mother either....
Page 1 of 2