Page 1 of 2
okay, this is the way i think it could be. we are now living in a dream. this whole world is a dream, and when we die, we wake up to reality. i think it could be possible. anyone have thoughts, it was just an idea a came up with last night.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Wow, that's like, really original.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
yeah, but, i wasnt really talking about that. i never really got into the matrix series.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Stop taking LSD
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
we have a lot of threads like these.

sure its fun to think about but its very unlikely.

plus you can get hurt in life so your not in dream. sorry to ruin it for yah buddy.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
That's actualy not too far off from the theories of most religions. One that comes to mind after reading that is, that this plane of existance is a counter reality to what existed before it (the spirit world if you will) and that we live here for now because here exists benefits that can't be taken advantage of in the spirit world, and that when we die we start a new life in the spirit world or continue one that we were already living before we came here.
Quote by fenderbassist12
we have a lot of threads like these.

sure its fun to think about but its very unlikely.

plus you can get hurt in life so your not in dream. sorry to ruin it for yah buddy.

Senses and stuff can be faked, but if you're in adream, you must have some form of consciousness or existance
or, what if when we die, there's absolutely no type of after life, and it's just you cease to exist. You don't even see blackness, you just don't see... Or, we're reincarnated and we basically live our lives exactly the same as different physical people, so our soul lives on, yet we can't REMEMBER who we were... that would explain hell, having to stay on this ****ty Earth and live over and over until you're a good enough person to finally actually die and/or go somewhere better.

but yeah, Matrix+LSD=bad
lay of the drugs man...not good for you. but if you are interested in that kind of stuff, you should look up some books on sacred geometry. it will blow your mind.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
so if the world is like what you say a really big dream, then how come we are all dreaming the same things, like in the news and stuff, and what are the dreams when were sleeping, do we have a dream in a dream
Quote by ibryant0915
or, what if when we die, there's absolutely no type of after life, and it's just you cease to exist. You don't even see blackness, you just don't see... Or, we're reincarnated and we basically live our lives exactly the same as different physical people, so our soul lives on, yet we can't REMEMBER who we were... that would explain hell, having to stay on this ****ty Earth and live over and over until you're a good enough person to finally actually die and/or go somewhere better.

but yeah, Matrix+LSD=bad

Whoa, dude.. that actually made sense..

Just.. wow. I never thought I'd.. Nice wording.
i think you're all on acid and thinking too hard about something that's really simple. :P
What David said is true. That's the basis of many religions. The one that stands out the most to me is Hinduism.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Epiphone Studio 10 amp
Line 6 PodXT - Should've got the PodXT live
Click for charity.
Maybe we're all coma patients in a giant hospital, who are just having a giant dream about this reality, and when we "wake up", we come out of coma. The coma patients now are just in another interconnected world that they don't remember when they wake up.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
See this is why I took the blue pill

How would you remember....*gasp*.....you're and agent.....aren't you?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
See this is why I took the blue pill

HAHAHA that made me crack up so bad
Isn't it also possible that we are all in a game of the sims?
Isn't it possible that none of you actually exist but the universe is just focused around me and my being?
Isn't it possible that there's some magical goat man that created everything and once we die we go to live in a magical castle were will have to run down repetitive corridors?

Sucks being open minded towards religion.
i have a theory everyone sees colors differently, like my red may be your blue, but we are just so used to seeing everything that way that we call it what we've been taught, so everyone may have their own unique view on colors, which causes some people to see things differently and like different colors... like red: it may actually be what i would call green, yellow, and orange to three different people, just a theory
Quote by david_highland
How would you remember....*gasp*.....you're and agent.....aren't you?

lol thats going in my sig
Quote by americnidiot
i have a theory everyone sees colors differently, like my red may be your blue, but we are just so used to seeing everything that way that we call it what we've been taught, so everyone may have their own unique view on colors, which causes some people to see things differently and like different colors... like red: it may actually be what i would call green, yellow, and orange to three different people, just a theory

I've heard that too, but I don't think colors vary that much, I think it would be more like how I perceive red might be pink to you.
Quote by david_highland
I've heard that too, but I don't think colors vary that much, I think it would be more like how I perceive red might be pink to you.

yeah, i dont think it would be as drastic to me considering there arent that many things that would differ i don't think... i think the furthest off anyone could be would be seeing orange as red, but i really don't know and theres no real way to test it that i can think of
Quote by simon4145
Atheism makes more sense than religion.

It doesn't make any more or any less sense, it's just easier for some people to accept because it doesn't contradict what most people experience in their daily lives. The fact of the matter is most of us have no idea whats right...

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." Socrates...
Last edited by david_highland at Sep 15, 2007,
It takes more faith to have no religion than a religion. Bennie Thomas says "People who are atheists and say they have no faith, do have faith, because it takes faith to say you have no faith" faith... wow, that word doesn't sound real now. WHOA MAYBE IT'S NOT! Haha, just kidding.
Quote by ibryant0915
It takes more faith to have no religion than a religion. Bennie Thomas says "People who are atheists and say they have no faith, do have faith, because it takes faith to say you have no faith" faith... wow, that word doesn't sound real now. WHOA MAYBE IT'S NOT! Haha, just kidding.

True.....and I had that same thing happen to me the other day, when I thought to myself "is that really a word?" I can't remember what I was writing but at some point I wrote the word "year" and I was like "Is that right? hmmmm, maybe I just made that word up somehow..." It's funny what tricks your mind will play on you.
Quote by bequickorbedead
The whole world is in my head. None of you actually exist...

I wish, that would make things a whole lot easier for me...
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking
Quote by ibryant0915
.. Or, we're reincarnated and we basically live our lives exactly the same as different physical people, so our soul lives on, yet we can't REMEMBER who we were... that would explain hell, having to stay on this ****ty Earth and live over and over until you're a good enough person to finally actually die and/or go somewhere better.

I like the rough idea of this theory, everyone getting many chances to take the right path, being reincarnated until they get it right. It's a nice idea, and much better than assuming there is no God and when you die there's just nothing...it's only real flaw is that the human population on the Earth just keeps getting bigger
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Wow, that's like, really original.

I love your sarcasm. Reminds me of mine.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by americnidiot

It's been proved that that's not true, by examining the brain..
Page 1 of 2