I'm in a pop-punk/alternative band and am looking into getting a second guitar.( my first was a daneletro) What do you guys think the best guitar for that sound would be?
my budget is $600 and i play through a spider 2 amp. I've noticed a lot of artist in that style are playing lp and telecasters. Are those good guitars for that? I alway thought they were for
harder rock.
Look into a Hagstrom Super Swede. It's like a Les Paul, but built better than an Epiphone (They're $550). They also have a cheaper version called the Swede that's $480.
Quote by ncramone
my budget is $600 and i play through a spider 2 amp. I've noticed a lot of artist in that style are playing lp and telecasters. Are those good guitars for that? I alway thought they were for
harder rock.

The Telecaster is my favorite guitar. They're not for harder rock, they're for everything you want to play, they're bright. They have a nice warm/bluesy tone in the neck pickup, humbucker fullness in the middle position, and my all time favorite, the bridge position, it's twangy, it adds chorus, it's amazing. The Telecaster also has an orgasmic neck, it's fast, comfortable, and well made.

You can't get a "real" les paul with $600, So you got 2 options. Epiphone or Agile. I've heard good things about Agiles here, like; they're the best LP copies on a budget. Epiphone has the Plain Top, and Etilist, they're both mahogany so you can get the real deal with these, but keep in mind; the LP 's a heavier guitar, and it has a wider, slower neck. It has 2 humbuckers, so it has a very full sound.

Anyway, you have a Spyder, you should get a better amp, like a Vox valvetronix, or a used 15 watt tube amp. Remember the 90% of your sound comes from the amp. You could get a standard tele or an Agile with a Vox valvetronix (15w) for around 550 or so.