I bought a guitar off guitarcenter.com
and when it came, the neck humbucker wasn't fitted properly.
One side is pushed deeper in so its not even with the other pick up.
Should I return it or just keep it and get new EMG 81/85's later on?
Its a RG2EX1 or EX2 im not sure.
its not broken.. most guitars are like that. the bridge is higher than the neck. seymour duncan himself even has the bridge pickup higher than his neck. and i think thats what u mean by when u say one side is pushed deeper in..

and if u want to, u could replace those stock pickups with the emgs
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Its not broken if there is sound comin out of it (play with the selector switch to find this out). Its probably just adjusted wrong and you can correct that (there should be some small adjusting screws somewhere by each side of the pickup)
That's normal, the pickups aren't supposed to be leveled with each other, they're set on how close you want the pickups to the strings, the closer, the more output. You can change this with a small screwdriver and just by turning the screws on the side of the pickup.

Most people have the neck pup higher so there's more output and gives better distortion and the neck lower for better cleans
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
When I say "pushed deeper in" I mean that the neck humbucker is at an angle.
Its kind of diving into the neck and is lower than the other pickup.
Quote by Heat-13
Its not broken if there is sound comin out of it (play with the selector switch to find this out). Its probably just adjusted wrong and you can correct that (there should be some small adjusting screws somewhere by each side of the pickup)

I agree- just find a small screw on the side which is lower than the other, and adjust the screw until both sides are on equal height.