Currently i play a PRS Tremonti SE but i wanted to take a step up from that, i'm really into my metal and am looking for a guitar in price range of £600-£800. i was looking at Jacksons and ESP so i would be cool if you gusy could help me out a bit.
Esp
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
doesn't get more metal than a randy rhoads or a kelly
JACKSON FOREVER!!
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
If u like the Tremonti's single-cut away body style, then u could get an ESP Eclipse series with EMG 81/85 set. Maybe an ESP Ex-600, an Explorer-style also with an 81/85 set. A Rhodes RR5 pro would be awesome. the white ones with black pinstripes and gold hardware are just awesome. A Dinky with an Eerie-dess swirl looks amazing as well, whith a p/u change it would work rly well. A Gibson Faded SG would be amazing, especially for metal. Its still a quality Gibson, but for only $580 american (idk about in GBP tho).
First of all, do you like Atreyu, Deftones, Children of Bodom, George Lynch, Megadeth, Metallica, Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, or Static X (if you like more than one, say which one is your favorite)
Last edited by LukeBTH at Sep 15, 2007,
Then Look into the Alexi Laiho signature model. You can get the Black/Yellow or White/Black one for $1050 US dollars. I dunno how much that is in pounds, but it is pretty sweet
that'd be about £525-ish plus shipping which would be alot. it cost about £900 in england which is ghey i was thinking about maybe getting a Jackson RR5 or a ESP V-500
yeah Jacksons are good, a friend of mine just bought a Jackson SLSMG and its immense, really light, good tone, really hard to describe hwo good it is xD i would buy one if he didnt have one
I know what you mean. A friend of mine has an ESP Viper 400, and when he let me play it, I was like "This is the best guitar I've ever played." Now I'm saving up to get an ESP EC-1000
My friend has an ESP KH-20 Lefty and it's the nicest guitar I've ever played. It's so smooth and fast to play, and it was cheap too, only $520, which is somewhere around 260 pounds, I think. If you're looking for the RR shape, I'd go with the ESP Alexi-600, or maybe the GL-600V, which is pretty sweet looking too. Not your average V shape, but still sick. It's got a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon at the bridge and a Phat Cat at the neck. If the those are a bit out of your price range, you could look at the V-200. Not the RR shape, but it's still a V and still has EMG's. If you like the single cutaway shape, definetly check out the EC series. I don't have much experience with Jackson, but they seem good. My advice would be to go to your local guitar shop and try out both brands, see which one feels better.