Ehh...for the most part a tuner is a tuner. The real question is why youre in drop B... lol
I use the TU-80, it's a very nice tuner, the accu-pitch or whatever it's called is pretty useful, so is the metronome.
yea...the Korg w/ Metronome is probably the best value...but why are u in Drop B? Even tho Mastodon and similar metal bands tune to an A sometimes.
Quote by qotsa1998
yea...the Korg w/ Metronome is probably the best value...but why are u in Drop B? Even tho Mastodon and similar metal bands tune to an A sometimes.

haha, most bands I play and listen to are in Drop-B, I even change notes of other songs to fit Drop-B on guitar I play nu-metal alot but I tune to regular tunings for regular music too so need a versitile tuner whats funny is you can play AC DC Back in Black in Drop-B very easily lol, I play honestly play every tuning there is

yeah was looking at the BOSS TU-80 and the Korg, boss had more sense range, and same accuracy as the Korg and cheaper, I was wondering if the BOSS Tu-80 could tune without the amp on ??

I had been using guitar pro and tuning by ear but that takes way to long

making a big order to get use of free shiping so figured I'd get a tuner too but needed some advice, I had been researching for some time, gona get EH Metal Muff, Danelctro EQ, some pedal cables and board, and a tuner
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 15, 2007,
I have the Korg CA30. Works great and is a nice value. Its kinda hard to go wrong with a Korg
I'm not a big fan of the Kord CA30 because it gets pretty spazzy at times. That might be a common problem with tuners in that price range though...
Quote by T!AN
I'm not a big fan of the Kord CA30 because it gets pretty spazzy at times. That might be a common problem with tuners in that price range though...

A lot of tuners in that range are indeed picky. However, I have good luck going to my neck pickup and rolling the tone down, and it seems to be fine.
Boss TU80 Chromatic Tuner and Metronome

or

Korg TM40 Chromatic Tuner and Metronome

Those are the two im looking at now, as they both are +-1 Cent and can do a wide range of tunings, the metronome function is neat

they both have specs, the boss tu-80 specs are at

Boss TU-80 Specs

Korg Specs

they both seem good, but the TU-80 does look cooler >:P, the Lower Korg may do the trick for me, but kind of want the best quality one in the $50 or less range, that handles Drop-B and more tunings
Quote by winno
I'm gonna recommend the Ibanez LU20, great cheap pedal, and imo it works better than the Boss because the LED's are bigger and alot brighter. True bypass as well, the only downfall is the footswitch probably isn't as durable as a Boss or Korg.

then again if you look at my links there are no pedal stomp choices and I've have yet to see great reviews about ibanez and theres no info on it's accuracy, but im sure its okay

I like + -1/cent, don't really need bypass, my strings stay in tune unless I take it outside, but even then they stay in tune just not perfectly
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 15, 2007,