Poll: Favorite Effects Company?
Poll Options
View poll results: Favorite Effects Company?
Boss
21 34%
Digitech
9 15%
MXR
5 8%
Electro-harmonix
27 44%
Voters: 62.
Just curious as to everyone's favorite effects company. Mine's Digitech. Feel free to discuss.
Mods: Please close this thread if one like it has already been made.
EHX and Visual Sound. EHX has some crazy stuff, the POG mainly. And Visual sound has 2 good OD/Distortion pedals. And Danelectro because the have decent effects for $20 and for around $40. and they are such a retro brand. Moog has crazy stuff as well, and Boss has some good pedals, especially the Super Shifter. its crazy. and boss makes the best Multi IMO.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Sep 15, 2007,
What about Dunlop, Ibanez, Maxon, Marshall, Damage Control, Fulltone, Buddha, Danelectro, Keeley, Pro Co, Roger Mayer, Visual Sound, Voodoo Lab, Vox, Morley and Rocktron?

And all the others ...
Out of those, it must be Boss. Out of them all, I would say Dunlop. They may not have an extreme amount like many other brands, but they perfected what they have.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Fulltone.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by papersun87
Dunlop owns MXR, do they not?

In my view, Dunlop pretty much owns anything. They have a pedal for whatever you want.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
In my view, Dunlop pretty much owns anything. They have a pedal for whatever you want.

They do have some pretty sweet pedals, and while they don't have the selection other companies(i.e. Boss or Digitech)have, pretty much all of their pedals are high quality. They seem to focus more on quality rather than quantity.
Where's the DIY option?

EHX are probably the best value for money when it comes to effects companies though.
The more you know, the less you understand.
last.fm
yeah, theyre pretty great
the new ones are so slick looking and have a wonderful sound.

unfortunately, a lot of people think that Marshall are only good at making amps and dont even care about their pedals.....My Marshall Delay is way better than the BOSS Digital Delay

and to be honest, any BOSS distotion is bad
I heard about Marshall making effects once, but I've never had the pleasure of trying one.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I checked out the pedals on Marshall's site...they're really clean looking, but I couldn't find anywhere to listen to them...
Quote by mr_hankey
Well, none of those at least.

seriously.

does anybody like ShotRod Guitar Works pedals??? he's got the rangemasters and SR tuned TubeScreamers too!@!@

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
seriously.

does anybody like ShotRod Guitar Works pedals??? he's got the rangemasters and SR tuned TubeScreamers too!@!@

I heard that ShotRod dude really sucks at making pedals.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by xXWylde_ManXx
I checked out the pedals on Marshall's site...they're really clean looking, but I couldn't find anywhere to listen to them...

well jonny greenwood uses the marshall shredmaster (or whatever its called) for his distortion... but he also uses a rare fender solidstate from the 80s with it...so his tone isnt probably the pedal alone...

edit: oh and im a total ehx *****... i just think they are awesome pedals for what you pay
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by igotabcrich32
I heard that ShotRod dude really sucks at making pedals.

... maybe...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I like boss pedals. For the most part they are the standard of what something should sound like. There are always going to be better pedals but most are going to be at a much steeper price.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I love my Line 6 pedals. I know they get a lot of crap about their amps...but their effects are top notch.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Digitech for me. I've never intended to just stick to one brand, but in my testing, they're the ones that always impress me the most, and they're the ones I've ended up with. It actually kind of annoys me that I've ended up with so many Digitech products because it makes me look like a mindless fanboy when really I couldn't give a crap what the name on the thing says so long as it sounds right and is made well.
Lovepedal...got three of them. Can't stand most of the other stuff, with a few exceptions.
Ehx.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Out of the list, i have pedals by all of them so here goes.

Boss have crappy distortions, but some of their modulations like their chorus and digital delays and some their discontinued pedals are good.

Digitech are horrible tone sucking monsters that should never be allowed to make effects ever again. However, the Whammy is good but nothing else is.

MXR/Dunlop are probably the most consistent of them. Pretty much all their stuff is good quality and sounds good.

EHX have great delays and some good crazy effects, and they are quite innovative, what with the POG, HOG, Memory Man, Q-tron and Frequency Analyzer series. The Memory Man delays are brilliant. Generally though, I hate their simple modulation effects and distortions. I am forever against the Small Stone because it is plain horrible, The Small Clone because it's too wishy-washy and not crisp enough and the Big Muff because sure, it sounds semi-decent, not all it is cracked up to be, and it sucks way to much tone and makes more noise than an Italian soccer crowd.

So I cant decide. It wouldn't be Digitech though. Put in some the minor brands though like blue_strat mentioned.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Sorry about not including all the other brands, I just went with the four most popular ones. If a mod could fix the poll, maybe add an "Other" option, that would be sweet.