can somebody direct me to somewhere in the UK that sells the type of oil paints used for swirling? ( i know i ask alot of these questions but i really need help on this)

if you know of a place that sells the small tins that'd be appreciated greatly

thanks in advance

EDIT: will those humbrol and airfix paints work ? they say enamel isnt that the same thing ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by admbwr at Sep 15, 2007,
i read in your thread that the ones in sqeezy tubes sink to the bottom though ?
i wish they were easier to find in the uk .
did you put anything in your water to make it float?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
i read in your thread that the ones in sqeezy tubes sink to the bottom though ?
i wish they were easier to find in the uk .
did you put anything in your water to make it float?

I'm not sure if it happens with all, but the paint in a tube i got was too solid to spread, I'd go for just a small can of liquid paint, any hardware store should have some.

And yes, I put a cup of sodium borax, which you can get at a big pharmacy.
i dont think pharmacys over here sell things like that (correct me if im wrong)
so any paint thats oil based will work ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
i have indeed, its just supplies im stuck for.

could dripping an overloaded paintbrush over and making swirls work also ? and sand down or would they still be too raised ? i dont wish to spend alot of money as imonly swirling the top.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by admbwr at Sep 15, 2007,
I did use the crappiest paint I could find and it turned out nice, so I think it should work with any oil paint.

As for borax, it was hard to find. Do they have big pharmacy chains in the UK? Cause that's your best shot.
well a pharmacy in the uk just sells shampoo and moisturiser stuff like that, no raw chemicals as far as i know.

ive been thinking of dripping paint though (like i said above) would that work ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
well a pharmacy in the uk just sells shampoo and moisturiser stuff like that, no raw chemicals as far as i know.

ive been thinking of dripping paint though (like i said above) would that work ?

Not sure, but borax isn't a raw chemical. It is used for cleaning I think, it came in a little jar when I got in in Canada.
Quote by admbwr

Borax is often used a cleaner/detergent. It's not the most common stuff, but you'd probably find it somewhere. It might be under the name sodium borate.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
ahh right cheers that helps me alot i thought it was some kind of raw chemical lol

as for the paints , will revvel/humbrol enamel paints work ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
i think in the US you can find powdered borax in the laundry aisle of your grocery store.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I live in the uk and under the advise of someone on here im using gloss paints (The dulux ones you can get mixed to whatever colours you like). Theyr oil based. I havent put them on a guitar yet but all the tests seem to come out well.
As for borax, i was as stumped as you are lol.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

^ cheers for your input man i needed someone from the uk just to clarify things.
and i painted my bedroom in dulux id of thought it would have been too thick, thats why im asking about enamel ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT