My main two choices are the Classic and the Exotic

Classic:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

Exotic:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Exotic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513100

I've played both before at Guitar Center and I liked both.

I like the looks of both about equally, but I liked the feel of the Exotic slightly better. As for my impressions of the sound, I didn't have time to play both enough to really get a feel, and didn't even try them on the same amp to have any real comparison.

What I'm wondering is if there's enough of a difference in the Exotic to justify the extra $100? I'm slightly wary about the Exotic's pickups, yet the reviews on Musician's Friend all seem to be positive.

Does anyone have any opinions/experience to share? I'm wary about spending $700-$800 or so on a guitar only to find out I made the wrong choice.
go to scheters site and get some specs...the wood that each is made of may differ...
try to get all the specs you can.and make sure u buy what u like,not what someone tells you is "the best." if your gonna put out some cash,make sure it makes you happy
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
personal opinion:exotic series,only because of the push/pull pots for a bigger array of tones.
but you cant go wrong with duncan pups,i've never heard of super rock pups...probably check out there site...if they say something like "big time tone for entry level players" then they probably suck...
but get what you want,they both sound like great guitars,they;re both mahogany,great tone
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I own both....and a blackjack as well. If you like the classic better, I suggest you try the blackjack. Its the exact same guitar with the exact same REAL JB and 59 duncans.....just not the fancy finish. Its a fancy black finish!

Both pickups are great(the superock schecter is very good stuff). They are a little edgier and tighter on the bridge pickup with a good hard rock, close to metal sound. Im about to wax pot mie though....they are pretty microphonic. Play it at the store again with a high gain sound run pretty loud and you may see the same issue. The ebony fretboard feels GREAT and plays very fast. Its a wonderful sounding/playing guitar for lots of modern hard and classic rock.

The duncans offer fatter tone and more distortion with not quite as much edge(very close, but just a tad bit less tightness).

It sounds great for bluesy stuff, leads, and heavy/hard rhythm playing that isnt too detailed(the rhythm playing that is).

If you really drive it....the superrock would suit mudvayne, disturbed, ozzy during the Zakk Wylde days, or old style metallica playing(fat tone with lots of cut for those fast and accurate rhythm sections).

The duncans sound better for full on hard rock like AC/DC, the hard songs from the new nickleback albums, breaking benjamin and stuff like that which has very thick rhythms and good full solo's.

The duncans cleans are great with a descent bluesy tone......the superrock does blues pretty darn well too with the coil tapped. Its humbucking clean isnt quite as nice and warm as the duncan.

Try em out and try em through different amps too(especially yours). I find that through certain heads, one guitar sounds better than the other no matter what!

In other words....reguardless of the pros and cons with both pickups.....the duncan equipped schecter doesnt sound as good as the exotic through certain rigs.....but sometimes it sounds better all the time through other rigs as compared to the exotic.

The exotic is definitely the most playable AS LONG AS its sound works for you!
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
I would get the classic just because of that fret board, and the wood is teh sexy.
You should get the Schecter S-1 Elite (Diamond Series), I've had it for about a year now and it works and sounds great.

Sorry these pictures are kinda bad, I had to shrink them.
Attachments:
My Schecter Guitar pt 2.JPG
Both of my guitars.jpg
Gear

Guitars: Schecter S-1 Elite
BC Rich Warlock Bronze

Amps: Line 6 Spider II 15 (Upgrading Soon)
BCR 10 (Upgrading soon)
Quote by wyldeshredder
personal opinion:exotic series,only because of the push/pull pots for a bigger array of tones.

The Classic has a 5-way switch that does the same thing.

The Classic is overall a better guitar, I have no idea why the Exotic is more money. It makes no sense. Get the classic.
Quote by hardrock1315
The Classic has a 5-way switch that does the same thing.

The Classic is overall a better guitar, I have no idea why the Exotic is more money. It makes no sense. Get the classic.

classic owns

but i've heard great sound out of the exotic, i think i'd go with the classic, i did and i love it. But with most schecters ull be satisified just try to get one with real duncans not duncan designed ones
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
classic, its cheaper, looks better (imo) and had better pups
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
The 5 way switch on the classic and blackjack does not do as well as the push pull on the exotic. Granted its "supposed" to do about the same thing, but the exotic gets much more of a real single coil sound to it when tapped with the push pull control. The five way switch allows for tons of tonal options of course....but it dont sound as much like a single coil as the exotic when tapped.

As far as the extra money....Id say its worth it. Once again, from owning these guitars I can definitely say the exotic plays better than all of them. Its the same guitar as the classic or blackjack with the addition of the flame maple top(probably helps with the edgyness) and the super fast and hard ebony fretboard....AND the better coil tap.

The exotic pickups aint bad at all....they sound better for certain types of music when compared to the duncan. And if you need that kinda sound for the music you play....the exotic is worth it cause it makes those sounds better than the others...and it plays better than the others. The neck/fretboard is just super slick! After hearing, owning and playing the exotic and others....I dont question why its a hundred bucks more. This guitar serves a little different purpose compared to the blackjack or classic, and it does it very well!

The newest classics have a neck thru and a jazz in the neck. Havent heard it with the jazz though. Cant say how much difference in sound the newest classic has over the blackjack. Bottom line is play them all again through a few different amps....but make sure you play ALL of them thru all those amps.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.