Idk but i want to find out too, 30 bucks for an upgrade on my epi i may drool over? I dubt it, but you never know.
I've heard gfs pickups are really good (for the price at least), i may try it. If they are I'll let you know
I've got Gibson pickups in my LP and I absolutely love them. There's are reason Gibson is as famous as they are. Simply an amazing pickup sure to give you good sound from jazz to metal.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
i like the gibson pickups, but i think they are around 200 for a set. I'd rather not pay that much on pickups, just wondering if those are better then the ones i have because $30 is a great price.
There's more options than just Gibson and GFS, though...

Personally, I think a Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 and a SH-14 Custom 5 would be a great pickup set in a G-400.

If you really wanted GFS, go for their Vintage '59's. Their other stuff is too high output, IMO, for classic rock.

What kind of amp do you have, though?
If your budget is tight check out Golden Age pickups from stewmac. I bought a set a few months ago for the hell of it and I like them quite a bit in my LP which I also have a set of Duncan 59's for. Compared to the 59, the mids are more punchy and has more sparkle on the top end, but they still retain a smooth vintage tone. You can't go wrong with the '59 though either

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/Golden_Age_Pickups.html

and +1 to what amp do you have.
man... i want a humbucker equipped guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
man... i want a humbucker equipped guitar.

Cort M520 or higher is where it's at!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^So get one! HH Tele?

i was actually thinking about it. an HH tele-type body for some zz top ish grit and slide guitar...

since i got the corduroyEW pickups in my strat already...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^cool!@@! the single coils are working awesomely. but my speaker doesn't have the high end chime unless i get my face up right in front of my speakers... it works but yea...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea i adjusted the height. i didn't try it after that. im getting 1Meg pots for both tone and volume, so yea. (i ordered 1meg before i got the pickups.) i got linear ones so i can get everything in between 1Meg and 0. and it can get 500k too. (in the tone department.)

and it'd be louder too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard