I need a delay pedal that lets me switch between several different types of delay on stage with out getting down to adjust the knobs. I am not interested in pedals that are not capable of doing this. I really like the DL4 but I have been reading some horror stories about quality issues so it's making me lean towards the DD-20. Have those of you with the DL4 had any problems? Other comments/opinions/suggestions?
  • Gibson LP Special
  • Fender MIM Strat
  • Orange Rocker 30 head w/ PPC212
  • Keeley modded TS9, Morley BH2, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-20

Member of the Orange Revolution Club
i've had my dl-4 for over a year with no problems, and i love it! though it never leaves me pedalboard.... i'm kinda anal about my gear lol
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
check out the TC electronics Nova Delay, its better than the DL4
but the DL4 is better than the dd20 imo
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
main reason i dont like the DD-20 is the fact that i have to toggle the tap feature by holding the right petal down. and if i want to switch to a different saved delay setting preset, i have to rehold it down to switch with my foot, and then rehold it once more to return to the tap feature.

of course i could just squat down to the ground and just select the next preset with my finger but who wants to get on their hands and knees to mess with petals during a gig!

DL-4 FTW!
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
there are reliability issues with the DL-4. and the tap problem on the DD20 can be solved with an external tap tempo.

i think the nova delay can do what you said, im getting mine sometime next month. i tried it out a few days back at it sounded awesome but i didnt figure out the HUGE number of setting and delay style etc.
Quote by TimbreWolf
main reason i dont like the DD-20 is the fact that i have to toggle the tap feature by holding the right petal down. and if i want to switch to a different saved delay setting preset, i have to rehold it down to switch with my foot, and then rehold it once more to return to the tap feature.

of course i could just squat down to the ground and just select the next preset with my finger but who wants to get on their hands and knees to mess with petals during a gig!

DL-4 FTW!

I don't know man, there aren't too many songs that use multiple delay times in the same song. Most songs were done with single pedal delays, or only one delay setting, right?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I love my DL-4. The thing's a beaut, and I've neve had any reliability issues with it at all.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
^I bet he's playing originals. I use multiple delay settings on my songs, but I enjoy tweaking pedals on the fly. I actually keep my pedal board on an ironing board to keep it at a reasonable height for tweaking.
^Well, if that's the concern, I wouldn't even be looking at floor effects. I'd probably end up checking out some midi switching type of delay system.

Do you use tap tempo as well as other delay settings in a single song?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra