I write fiction (not professionally, at least not yet) and frequently find myself with writer's block. Does anyone have some tips to get past it?
Sometimes it helps to go out and do things. Take a break from being the seismograph, do a line of coke. Or something.
take 2 tylenol pm, go to bed...

next day take 4, and go to bed...

next day take 4 again and fight the sleep...

its hard to explain how it works, but fighting the sleep makes me in a hurry to write and thats when things get interesting.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I write my way out of it. So far it's the only thing that's worked for me.

I just write crap and eventually good ideas start to come out.
Quote by oZone_TNS
I write my way out of it. So far it's the only thing that's worked for me.

I just write crap and eventually good ideas start to come out.

I remember reading an argument against this.... But I use it when songwriting. Go ahead, I suppose.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
grab paper and a pen,and just write for 5 minutes dont stop even for 2 seconds,write what ever come in ur mind.
And sence you are a writer i suggest you get this book
Keys for Writers by Ann Raimes the 4th edition is the latest one..
Just write and keep writing. If you can't think of what to write, then write that down too and keep putting down every thought in your head.
Last edited by Rhitard at Sep 16, 2007,
i dont know if you do this already, but plan your stories out ebfore hand. i started doing this and my rate of completed works is now like this: planned: 2. unplanned: 1000. maybe not that many, but you get the idea.

also if you change projects and write for a while and then come back to the current one it frequently helps.

hope i helped.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.