Well, I've been playing on the same ****ty Behringer amp for 2.5 years so my next big purchase is going to be an amp and I was considering an EBS Drome 12.. What are you guys thoughts on this? What other amps should I consider? I need to be able to get a lot of different tone styles as I play a lot of different music
EBS makes very high quality stuff, the pedals are absolutely amazing. If you like the tone, I wouldn't worry at all about the quality and construction.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
If you like the tone, I wouldn't worry at all about the quality and construction.

Ehh, I wouldn't go that way. Something may sound nice, but is it really worth it if it keeps breaking?

On the subject at hand, I've never played/heard/seen an EBS amp in person, so I can't give a personal comment. I have, however, heard some very nice things about their stuff.
Quote by Scourge441
Ehh, I wouldn't go that way. Something may sound nice, but is it really worth it if it keeps breaking?

On the subject at hand, I've never played/heard/seen an EBS amp in person, so I can't give a personal comment. I have, however, heard some very nice things about their stuff.

He's saying that there shouldn't be any construction problems. The tone is the only thing left to make EBS undesirable.

Anyway...I know Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree uses EBS amps pedals, and he has a tone to die for.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Confused got it. There's nothing to worry about when it comes to an EBS. My Multi-Comp can be run over and still work.

For what it's worth, my very limited hearing (not playing through, just hearing) of EBS amps is at NAMM when Tal Wilkenfield was jamming with Marcus Miller thru EBS amps. Both sounded amazing, but I'm sure they could coax a good sound out of even a Behringer.
haha
I love EBS tone controls. I use an EBS MicroBass II to pre-amp my MarkBass head. I soon should be adding an EBS NEO110 cab anyday now.

IMO, EBS make the best solid state stuff I have heard. I'm dying to try out their valve stuff. EBS seem to be staple for many wide ranging musicians, from Scandanvian Black Metal to Pop to Jazz.

You won't be dissapointed. They are pricey, but they are worth it.
I played a EBS stack for some time. Terrible tone. Too much highs for my preference. But great road
gear. Built as a tank. You just have to try it. If you like the tone buy it.
The jazz student
Its not for those looking for a "classic" "boom-y" "grind-y" sound. Very modern, crisp, and very clean.
well tom, they are very high quality amps. In terms of alternatives though there are quite a few amps to choose from- ampeg, GK, peavey, MarkBass, SWR, Trace Elliot, Ashdown, David Eden etc.. so maybe a bass+style of music you play, you say you play a lot but what would you play MOSTLY? Or what kind of tone are you looking for?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I just got an EBS Microbass II and I'm basically ready to try and find a poweramp and a cab to go with it... it's the best solid state anything I've ever heard.
IMO.