Ok first i want to begin on a rant about my local guitar center. I went in today to buy my conmpressor, had my mind dead set on the BBEMaxCom compressor. they did not have any in stock it was under "special request only". before i was asking if they ever tryed/hearad this compressor and the guy he did not but by looking at the features it looked great.
So he then Proceeded to special order it; while he was on the phone with the store he was ordering it from, this other guy(store employee pro audio section where i was) came up and was telling me, "Oh you dont want to buy that rubbish," and then went on the internet and showed me this Robert Keeley Compressor . He was like, "Yeah this is what you need blah blah blah," and then he told the person i was buying the BBE from to hang up the phone. Then he told me Guitarcenter doesent carry the robert keely compressor in the 1st place and i just stormed out of the store because the jerk would not sell me even a different compressor expecially the one i wanted. Aparently evrything thier store had sucked and i shouldent buy it.

Ok sorry that was so much text to erad and sorry again if i lost you. im not going back to that store to buy the compressor i'll just go to musiciansfriend or zzounds or something for it i dont want to deal with them again.

i figured i would use the time between to possably rethink my decision and get you guys' opinion on a compressor.

Im looking for preferably a rackmount compressor. anyone with experience please give me your thoughts on the ones you have tryed. I am a Bassist, i was likeing the BBE beacause i wanted a Sonic maximizer and a compressor and the BBE has bolth.

Please keep the Dollar amount to around $200

thanks
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Break out the soldering iron and build one yourself. This one comes with two different chips and various other components to swap out so you can mod the compressor to your liking. For the money, you can't beat it.
... okay maybe you guys are not interpreting this right .. i am not trying to save money i am prepared to spend around $200 i dont really want a pedal compressor unless it is like god or something. but preferably a rackmount compressor because of conveniance
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Even if the BYOC compressor was $300, it would be well worth it. I have the 3 knob version and it's studio silent and offers a great, full sounding compression. The best rack compressor I can recommend is the DBX 266.