Just wondering. I'm a pretty beginner guitarist, making pretty good headway on the learning thing, with good gear (in a few weeks, anyway). I'm preferably looking for people around the McMaster region of town (since I don't travel much and I live on campus - fellow undergrads would be the best thing ever) whom I can hang out with or a starting-out band that wants a rhythm guitarist who isn't the most skilled person in the world - but getting there.

I'm 19, play and listen to a lot of heavier alternative/indie stuff, am open-minded and fairly intellectual and I can't stand people that're either really stupid or have egoes the size of a house. I mean, I don't mind immaturity unless it's all you bring to the table.

I know it's a pretty damn long shot, but if there's anyone out there who sounds like the kind of person I can chill with without wanting to stab him in the face, get back to me.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Check your PM's...I'd be down for this
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
also a Hamiltonian (or whatever we call ourselves) I'm always up for a jam. i dunno if our musical interests are similar at all.. check my profile I listed more or less every band i listen to.
Sorry, my PM inbox is being really, really retarded. Hit me up again.

Where're you guys located?
Quote by Extant

Where're you guys located?

I live in the Gage Park area. about half a block north east.
I go to McMaster and am on campus every day.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by xTJx
I go to McMaster and am on campus every day.

Yeah, I got your pm, added ya on facebook.

I'm a bit inconvenienced right now (amp and cab are in the post, waiting on a new tonepros bridge so I can take my guitar in and get it restrung/setup - I'm too much of a cheapskate to do it beforehand) so I'll let you know when I'm free to jam. I have to warn you that I'm not a very good player, though - although I don't totally suck and I roughly know my way around.

Also, anyone know any good teachers in the area?
Last edited by Extant at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by Extant
Yeah, I got your pm, added ya on facebook.

I'm a bit inconvenienced right now (amp and cab are in the post, waiting on a new tonepros bridge so I can take my guitar in and get it restrung/setup - I'm too much of a cheapskate to do it beforehand) so I'll let you know when I'm free to jam. I have to warn you that I'm not a very good player, though - although I don't totally suck and I roughly know my way around.

Also, anyone know any good teachers in the area?

Doug Murphy, he's at Payne Music downtown... I wouldn't say i learned a lot anything directly from him. but he shows me a lot of things that get me playing different sounding lines and such. really helped my playing in the long run.
Doug murphy is a drunk... go to Absolute Music and talk to Nigel... he's an awesome guy
Quote by Latin_Morello
Doug murphy is a drunk... go to Absolute Music and talk to Nigel... he's an awesome guy

Your an idiot, chill out and have a beer. Your musical knowledge and guitar skills are minimal at best,

Your pal,

Doug Murphy
I've visited both Payne and Absoloute and both places have great people - just find someone that clicks with you and your golden.

This thread is a bit dated, but If there are still any hamiltonian musicians looking for some jams I'd love to meet up and play some tunes. I'm a mostly blues/rock oriented (clapton, SRV, Mayer) guitarist/singer/writer. It would be sick to find a drummer and a bassist with similar tastes.

Give me a shout at Jordan.markowski@utoronto.ca