Am I the only person on the planet who thinks they majorly suck? To me they just sound like random inaudible riffs piled next to each other, i just dont get them at all.
Well they're definetely not Hardcore, and you obviosly don't know how to listen to music if you think they suck. Their drummer does great blast beats, the guitar riffs are heavy and pretty inventive, and the bassist does sweeps as well, so I don't see why you would think they're bad...
I love them to death dude. They are not hardcore at all. Even if you hate the way they compose music, their instrumental talent is undeniable.

Oh, and by the way, your avatar is sick. I love Converge also.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Last edited by OThugSd at Sep 15, 2007,
Quote by deaththrashcore
Well they're definetely not Hardcore, and you obviosly don't know how to listen to music if you think they suck. Their drummer does great blast beats, the guitar riffs are heavy and pretty inventive, and the bassist does sweeps as well, so I don't see why you would think they're bad...

Thats exactly why I dont like them. It seems to me that their songs consist of pure technicality and no song writing.

I put them in here because;

a) they do have some hardcore/metalcore influences with their breakdowns and some riffs
b) it's the metal forum, we can talk about whatever the **** we like
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Am I the only person on the planet who thinks they majorly suck?

Um probably.

Quote by SealCubMassacre
To me they just sound like random inaudible riffs piled next to each other, i just dont get them at all.

Someone could say that about some Converge songs. Listen to profitably killcount, its alot more melodic than some of there other songs.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Someone could say that about some Converge songs

This is true. I've had many people make similar comments about Jane Doe. Listened to through a good set of headphones (Seinhausser CX300's) and things make a bit more sense. Also, it's a bit of an aquired taste really...

By the way, I've no opinion on these guys, but now I'm inclined to check 'em out.
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Um probably.

Someone could say that about some Converge songs. Listen to profitably killcount, its alot more melodic than some of there other songs.

Well ive listened to the full length and EP and all i can make of it is widdly notes with beatdowns randomly pasted anywhere.

They're just one of those bands I should like but just dont for some reason. It's the same with The Red Chord. I bought all their cds from the hype theyve been getting and I cant make anything of them at all.

But thats for another thread
I'll agree with you on The Red Chord. Just can't get into them myself, despite (or perhaps because of) the rave reviews they get.
Beneath the massacre have a lot more melody to them than the red chord
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Beneath the massacre have a lot more melody to them than the red chord

I agree, but the point is i think the actually music is really messy and all over the place. I could never differentiate one BTM/TRC song from another.
Thats fair i guess.

I understand them both, and they both sound pretty different after awhile but its definitely an acquired skill
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
I don't really care for their full length, but I think the ep is great. Personally, I'm not sure if I could listen to a full length, it would get same-ish real fast. After I listen to the ep all the way through, I'm good.
Yeah their intros on the full length pretty much sound the same
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
they're great but definitely not hardcore
світ втомився від вас
Quote by Tel_One
they're great but definitely not hardcore

Everyone needs to stop making this comment about every band thats not real hardcore in here. We all know this, and while it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to true hardcore punk bands, this place is for everything that ends in core. BDM happens to be deathcore/tech metal, so they go in here.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Everyone needs to stop making this comment about every band thats not real hardcore in here. We all know this, and while it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to true hardcore punk bands, this place is for everything that ends in core. BDM happens to be deathcore/tech metal, so they go in here.

Agreed. What nubs