I am buying an electric mandolin and it should be here any day now...
I can play a few songs on one...and was thinking of doing a bunch of mandolin covers on youtube...
So I have started this thread so that you, "The Pit Forum Users", can suggest some rock tunes to learn on the mandolin...I am a mandolin n00b...but I have been playing electric guitar for 5 years...but try to suggest some that everyone would get a real kick out of hearing
(I'm thinking Killing In The Name by R.A.T.M)

Also...it is an electric mandolin, so I can give it distortion with ma pedal...and use the whammy pedal I am getting for Christmas just to let you know if this helps you with ideas...

Get them coming!
The only song with mandolin that plays a major part I can think of is Dance Tonight by Paul McCartney.

Or the intro of Ty Cobb by Soundgarden.
The.
play some Decapitated on it, or something really heavy anyway. for the lulz.

edit: ^ there's a mandolin solo in "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Im looking for some sabbath, or some maiden or metallica or some nirvana or soundgarden...and all systemofadown songs =P
Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, there's actually mandolin in that song, rather than all of these other idiots telling you play guitar songs on a mandolin. I'm getting a mandolin soon also! I'm getting the crappy $50 Rogue one off of Musician's Friend, but it's a mandolin nonetheless. What kind are you getting?
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Quote by obey_yourmaster
Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. I love that song. I'm getting a mandolin soon also! I'm getting the crappy $50 Rogue one off of Musician's Friend, but it's a mandolin nonetheless. What kind are you getting?

Way to beat me to it man.
Quote by changeforfuture
Way to beat me to it man.

Great minds think alike

obey_thisedit: I almost forgot "Outside The Wall" by Pink Floyd!
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Last edited by obey_yourmaster at Sep 15, 2007,
I'm not quite sure on which one it is at the moment...it is electric for sure, though...I'm actually looking for metal or alternative songs because thats whats unexpected...or maybe a metal remake of some flamenco music...it's also gonna kick ass once I get the whammy pedal, too
and, once I get the mandolin, I'll bazillions of vids of me playing it on youtube...
Play some Bread.
Softness.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
btw, I fell in love with this instrument after playing the intro riff to unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold on it in my local guitar store
battle of evermore - led zeppelin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHj_fZG8-lU

Im not a real big country fan however I do like Ricky Scaggs...hes a good guitar player...plays mandolin also...hes more of a country/bluegrass...hes a very talented songwriter/musician.

Listen to the mandolin solo in Highway Forty Blues...I love playing the guitar solo to this song...awesome country lead guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72B7pgDeRg
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Road Trippin' - Chili Peppers
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
Led Zeppelin - Goin To California. (This one actually HAS mandollin in it already. *gasp*)
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Quote by Scourge441
Doesn't Losing My Religion by REM have mandolin in it?

yes it does.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by Came As I Was
Road Trippin' - Chili Peppers

That'd be cool,

If you could pull off RHCP - I could have lied, you'd be cool in my eyes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████