Poll: Do you write "lol" in a handwritten letter?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you write "lol" in a handwritten letter?
Yeah I put "lol" all the time it's normal
8 12%
No I put "haha" or somethinlg like that
44 66%
It doesn't matter you can use both
7 10%
Hmm... I'm in your situation and I don't remember either
8 12%
Voters: 67.
*POLL COMING*

It's been years since I've hand written a letter or just a little informal note to somebody and I can't remember if it's normal or not to actually write "lol" in a letter like we do so often over the internet and in text messages.

I was writing a letter to my friend in the army and after writing something humorous I put "lol" and continued. Then I was like "wait a minute" so I stopped and looked at it and it just seemed weird. I erased it and put "haha" instead lol.

Eh it's not even really an issue or anything, it just bewildered me for a split second and also reminded me of how long it's been since I've handwritten anything that wasn't for school (and I haven't been in college for about a year either). So I haven't handwritten much of anything at all. It looks like my handwriting has even gotten a little sloppier lol.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by thvstdffrnc
who writes letters by hand? thats what the interweb is for

She's in boot camp and can't access the internet.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
dont use "lol" you'll look like an idiot using internet slang. just use haha, or hehe or whatever you can think of.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Never. Actually I don't particularly use lol anyway.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by thycrusader
dont use "lol" you'll look like an idiot using internet slang. just use haha, or hehe or whatever you can think of.

I was sort of thinking the same. I didn't want her to read it and be like "whoa he actually writes that out in a letter? He needs to get off the computer" lol. But I've just gotten so used to typing it out and seeing it all the time in typed messages.
LAWL LEWEL or el o el would be better.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
i dont even say lol
i think its stupid
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
'lol' is simply obselete.. you must write 'roflcopter' to properly convey your laughter
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
I don't even use "lol" in text messages....

I only rarely use it on msn...
And I rarely use it on forums either...

I just rarely use lol!!!

lol!!!
I don't on the internet, let alone in a letter. I personally always attempt to type with perfect grammar (although I probably make my mistakes here and there). I don't have a problem with improper grammar, but I have O.C.D. and there is no way I am ever going to post something that I know has a grammatical error.
what's a handwritten letter?
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
well in school when chicks pass notes to me and stuff they usually write "lol" so i do sometimes... if i was writing in a more formal context like say to my grandma or something i would use haha
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by thewho65
If you actually say "lol" in conversation, you've failed miserably.

LOL so true. 2 years ago a girl said lol literally and everyone was like ewwww get lost. I LOL'd