ok im going to get a new guitar as you may have seen....anyway i was wondering....if i replace the pickups, which ones?....i play linkin park, GnR, ac/dc, the who, queen, mcr, and others....any ideas?
Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II. This are used by slash, and it covers a quite important register of genrs. Bands like LP tends to use different types of pickups, with much more bass than treble because of the heavy rythms. Anyway, Seymour Duncan are never a bad chance.
Without knowing the wood we can't really make suggestions. And pink is right...the amp is much more important than the pickups in determining tone. Since you have a wide variety of rock bands you like, you may want to try a Dimarzio D Sonic, considered to be a balanced pickup (check the Harmony Central reviews).
ok to answer your questions:
i will be getting a new amp (vox valvetronix ad15vt...unless you can suggest a better one at about the same price)

for guitar i will be getting either a epi les paul or a michael kelly patriot custom....

as for price range......not too expensive...probably the max would be $100 per pickup
No point replacing pickups with a little 15watt modeller, it'll make no appreciable difference to the sound...you might as well wipe your arse with two hundred dollar bills for all the good it'll do you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No point replacing pickups with a little 15watt modeller, it'll make no appreciable difference to the sound...you might as well wipe your arse with two hundred dollar bills for all the good it'll do you.

then whats a better amp i can get for about $200
Dimarzio pickups are my personal favorite.

any one of them. especially super-distortion, drop sonic, and tone zone from dimarzio.

any of those will do you good
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
sell the vox and that would be bout $250. get a Crate Palomino V8.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Why do you only have a $200 budget for an amp when previously you had $200 for an amp and $200 for pickups??? I didn't say "Get a better amp, then get pickups", I said "Get a better amp", that means you need to spend ALL the money on the amp, ideally save up more to be honest. Or get the Vox which is a good amp, just not one that's particularly sensitive to pickup changes, and spend the $200 of pickup money on hookers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

if your on a budget id get an ibanez tbx30r for 2 reasons, first if u have a little 15watt practice amp it wont do **** for tone or volume, with atleast a 30w u can always turn it down, yet with the little one u can turn it up but itll get really muddy. also this amp has a footswitchable channel selector, it has a good clean channel and decent distortion channel, so thatd be my best bet, and once ur better and older with a job id get a marshall halfstack, get a dean ml, put in a dimebucker and a zebra, then shoot dime style :P

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TBX30R-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480943
I wouldn't, Toneblasters are gash

...as are dimebuckers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc