Alright. My band is gonna be performing one song at one of my friends partyies(she thinks im a guitar god :confused and so i was wonderng, what should we play?

we arent insanely good, so we arent gonna be playing anything Shred or stuff like that. i was thinking of Highway to Hell or maby You Really Got Me(Van Halen version)
but what do you guys think?
The Cartoons - Witch Doctor

Amazing.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by kman123
hold the line!!!

hell yeah!

or just well known rock songs. boys are back in town etc
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Tubyboulin
she thinks im a guitar god

get in therrrrrrrrrrrr lol
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
the metallica version of "Turn The Page"
Judas Priest- You Got Another Thing Comin'
Motorhead- Ace of Spades
Ac/Dc- Thunderstruck
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by 7daycrisis
Chocolate rain

And if they want an encore, Internet dreams, you'll be doing the no pants dance in no time.
Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Oh yeah, never thought of Rock you Like a Hurricane lol. i think it would be awesome if we got introduced like "Some bands rock you hard, some bands Rock you Harder. these guys Rock you like a Hurricane..." then we start playing
NIN - the closer...

if your chick friend is hot, that song will get the point across
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Quote by Tubyboulin
Oh yeah, never thought of Rock you Like a Hurricane lol. i think it would be awesome if we got introduced like "Some bands rock you hard, some bands Rock you Harder. these guys Rock you like a Hurricane..." then we start playing
no...that would be really really stupid...don't do that
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I agree, don't do that.

And Thunderstruck is a great song to play live. The intro riff makes girls go wild!!!
Queen's Tie your mother down is also very good and maybe the Number of the beast.
Doesn't matter what you play, because you're going to be rock 'nd roll and stay on stage for another one right after, aren't you?

AREN'T YOU?!
don't play classic rock.....ppl will get bored...
play something fun....
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Who says Classic Rock isnt fun? and yeah Thunderstruck would be cool. but what guitar parts do we play? it sounds like they have multiple tracks on the cd and we only have me and our singer on guitar. do i just keep playing that intro riff throughout and switch to the other on chorus?
Play Strutter by KISS. Or go with some simple pop punk, chicks love that shit for some reason

For example; play some Weezer.
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
AIN'T TALKIN BOUT LOVE!!! by Van Halen

that opening guitar riff will make people love you.

thats actually a really good idea. that way our singer wont have to play guitar too. and its a awesome song.Think you could hook me up with guitar pro tabs for the solo without having to use a Whammy bar? my sg doesnt have one
Quote by Tubyboulin
thats actually a really good idea. that way our singer wont have to play guitar too. and its a awesome song.Think you could hook me up with guitar pro tabs for the solo without having to use a Whammy bar? my sg doesnt have one

Just do bends and some intense vibrato.
I haven't heard the song for a while, but if there's a dive-bomb just do a pickslide.
Play some punk or ska or something. Learn some Rancid, Phenomenauts, Slackers, Streetlight Manifesto...Music you can shake your ass to.
It'll be a lot more fun for everybody.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Safety dance ftw!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Tubyboulin

get a whammy pedal? people probably wont notice if you dont do that...it'll put your own style on it.
If you've got two guitarist and a decent singer, than Coheed & Cambria's Welcome Home is a good choice.
theres the problem, i think our sionger might be able to pull of a decent David Lee Roth song, but anything wtih alot of range in it and hes pretty well screwd.
with aint talkin bout love..the guitarists/bassists maybe drummer say "AINT TALKIN BOUT LOVE!" all at once for the chorus.