Poll: Music helping your concentration?
Poll Options
View poll results: Music helping your concentration?
Yes
62 78%
No
8 10%
Unnaffected either way.
10 13%
Voters: 80.
I find music helps me concentrate with whatever I'm doing. Like I'm getting ready to do the dishes.Normally without music it'd take me like 20 minutes. With it I'm done in half the time. Anyone else like this?
Dude I'm the exact same way, like with dishes and other things like that
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

Yeah when I'm doing homework I need my music on. It just really helps for most songs. For others I end up just listening to them not even paying attention to the homework though
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
I need music to concentrate, or my mind will wonder off onto unrelated subjects and the time will go by super slow.
Yea, music eases me.

Unless it's bad music.

Like in my art class the other day, when they took out my 90s alternative CD the teacher let me play for this girl's copy of My Chemical Romance's "The Black Parade" album....

And it was RIGHT in the middle of "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Yea, music eases me.

Unless it's bad music.

Like in my art class the other day, when they took out my 90s alternative CD the teacher let me play for this girl's copy of My Chemical Romance's "The Black Parade" album....

And it was RIGHT in the middle of "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Dude! She cut Breakfast at Tiffany's for MCR!? Not cool!

I always have music goin' on in my head if I'm not listening to something else.
Classical music when studying = success.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by R0CKER1220

Tell me about it... At least it wasn't during "Mr. Jones", which was on right before it.

And I'm the same way. I have some sort of music playing or in my head 99.9% of the time.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
YES, it's hard for me to concentrate without it. But since my county school office cut out all electronic devices from school, we have to sit in complete silence during tests and such. It's so much harder now.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
yeah it helps me with almost everything, sometimes i have to turn it off if i really need to think, but for homework and **** its normally better. i row (like, crew) and we've always got techno on because it just zones you in that much more
A good friend will bail you out of jail

A true friend will be sitting beside you saying ''man, we fucked up but we had it goooood"
I usually do better with music on, but I just did one of those ink blot test things and I kept answering negatively when Dark Side of the Moon was on, but when Louie Louie came on I started answering positively. I didn't even notice at the time.

Even though I might not be concentrating on the music, it helps.
I usually start on my homework and put on an album. I'm really into my work and the album is over, I didn't even notice a lot of the songs playing. I just needed the ambient noise playing.

Radiohead is excellent for such occasions, especially Kid A. Great album, I must have listened to it hundreds of time whilst working on projects or papers.
sometiems yes sometimes no. Sometimes i need a little background noise to get going. sometimes i need something fast paced to get me in a happy mood, like i feel like i'm on a roll answering questions. usualy only works with math. when it's like a thinking question,, i need some silence though, or when reading.
My parents always used to say that I had to have complete silence to do homework
I'd say "STFU noob, I think better with musics"
they say "lolololol you groundzor'd"
I go away sad, defeated.
Eventually they left me alone, and my grades started improving.
Yep.
anything i do seems easier with music
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Most of the time I'm unaffected, but occasionally music can **** up my concentration. It would definitely not help me.
I do seem to concentrate better with music, like doing schoolwork and stuff.
The only thing I can't do while music is playing is read. I just can't get into a story if the music is going in the background, unless it's strictly instrumental, and quite soft.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
the vocal-less ones will help, but if u got some hardcore dude screaming into ur ears u can't really concentrate can ya?
i just use music to not feel bored,but it doesnt help me concentrate i keep thinking HERE'S THE AWESOME PART and basically say **** off to the hw or w/e
yea it helps, but i find its not just music i need more or a backround noise like the tv, but i deffinatly prefer music
The sound of silence annoys me. Seriously, I can't stand listening to absolutely nothing while doing something.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by R0CKER1220

same here.A have a song in my head and play it over and over in my head.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman