i just got a fender blues jr. and it is awesome (sorry had to say it) anyway i need some distortion bcuz the jr's doesnt cut it. i want a pedal that gives me classic rock and blues rock sound. (along the lines of joe perry, jimmy page, and angus young) i have about a $100 USD to spend (im available to stretch just a little bit if there is a better pedal out there.

thanks in advance
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
a tubescreamer or an OCD. that'd be my choice for Jim's and Joe's tones.

they both got the Marshall Grit. (at least the live tones.) but the fat switch on the Blues jr. does pretty decent with Marshall kind of gritty tone. (i say this cuz i have one.)

i run a tubescreamer in front (SR custom tuned) and it gets close. i have a mid hump mod, i think i'll switch it out soon, but yea. it's decent.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
get a fuzz pedal i have a jimi hendrix one and it does everything and i am going through a fender fm212r so it should sound good on a blues
I'd recommend looking into a DF-7. Pretty nice pedal. Models tube screamer, pro co rat, big muff and some others
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
^dunlop fuzzface reissues are crap. nowhere near the smooth fuzz vintage ones get. you can make a home-made fuzz for under $50 too.

ts9 bypass isn't too great either. invest in a Maxon or an OCD. or make ur own from BYOC.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^do NOT get the dunlop FF. honestly if you want a nice fuzz face, go boutique. for Si fuzzes theres the NOC3 BC108 fuzz which is pretty good for its price. but for Ge fuzzes its a little more expensive like analogman, KR etc. i'd rather get a fuzz which cleans up well in your case especially for page tones.

for an OD i'd get an OCD.
I didn't see the parts about angus young, joey perry, and jimmy page. Saw classic rock/blues made me think hendrix. I wouldn't suggest the fuzz face for their style, try and ocd and ts9 to check what you like better. In my opinion the ts9 is better, but your call.
Fulltone OCD all the way for those tones. Its killer.

You wont sound like them unless you use humbuckers though.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I've got a Blues Jr and Fulltone OCD.

Best combination ever.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I love my Digitech Bad Monkey. It is surprisingly well done considering its price. I tried out a bunch of boss OD pedals too, but I didnt like those at all. Not as smooth, and added noise.
WTLTL 2011