I was adjusting my truss rod for the first time and i was experiencing some resistance, so it turned a little bit after a decent amount of force and i heard a little pop and it turned a little. It still will not turn at all without a considerable amount of force. Do you think i broke it? There haven't been any changes in neck tension at all and its been a good day or so, so i'm not really sure if I did.
I don't think so. You could have, but I'd stop now if I was you, and then in a week report back.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
how much resistance? like where you trying as hard as you can with all youre strength? if so then no i dont think its broken, but i bet its messed up. also how loud was the pop, and is youre guitar wayyyy out of tune or is the neck starting to warp or bend?
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Grab the guitar, take it to a tech, and never take a hex wrench to your truss rod again. Or any other tool.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
Grab the guitar, take it to a tech, and never take a hex wrench to your truss rod again. Or any other tool.

Chill buddy. How do you think that tech learned to adjust trusses? Probably by messing around on his instruments back in the day.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Chill buddy. How do you think that tech learned to adjust trusses? Probably by messing around on his instruments back in the day.

I wouldn't recommend it. Seriously. I would think that he learned from someone else, not by screwing up his instruments. And did you know my name is actually Buddy? Well, it's actually Mark, but everyone calls me Buddy.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
no the neck was fine and nothing was out of tune, essentially nothing really happened. So i don't think its f-d up, maybe it just slipped
Quote by SOADrox429
I wouldn't recommend it. Seriously. I would think that he learned from someone else, not by screwing up his instruments. And did you know my name is actually Buddy? Well, it's actually Mark, but everyone calls me Buddy.

Wow, really? I'm going to remember your name is buddy :

Anyways, I learned to adjust my truss from UG, and if It's going to break when you give it a 1/4" turn, it'll probably break when a tech gives it a 1/4" turn. I think his truss rod is really tight, and it slipped a bit. He should probably lube it up with something, I don't know what though.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by ICEMANN999
phew, how should i go about lubing it?

I wouldn't do it unless you need to adjust the truss more.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

You also want to help the truss adjust by applying a little pressure in the direction of the adjustment as you tighten the nut. I usually sit in a chair, prop the guitar up between my legs and place the middle of the neck on my knee. I then apply a small amount of pressure on the area between the nut and first fret and make my adjustment.