I'm extremely bored with listening to the same music over and over, so I've been trying to listen to some different stuff- including Emo. I've listened to Saosin, Funeral For A Friend, Rites of Spring and the Used. I deleted over half the Saosin and Funeral stuff, and deleted all of the Rites of Spring (really did not like what I found of them). For the most part I deleted a lot of the Saosin and Funeral because of the vocals being too annoying, although some of the songs were okay (didn't listen to entire songs since that would take a while) due to the instruments. The "generic" vocals are what put me off from what I deleted. So any suggestions of some stuff that doesn't have that same kind of vocals, but has similar heavy guitars?

Please no MCR- can't stand them at all.
Also, I'm using Ruckus so there are some limitations to what I can get.
My Stuffs:
-ZZ Ryder Empire (with Wilkinson trem.)
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Zoom 505ii (was only $15, and came with an skb case)
-Crate FXT120
So .... the only thing you didnt delete was the Used? ..lol thats not good

It kind of depends what other stuff you listen too...name some bands

and MCR arent emo anyways
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
those aren't emo bands
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
yea none of those bands are emo.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I'm going by some of whats in the "Almight List of Emo Bands." (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112989) I can tolerate the Used, but I haven't given all of it a listen yet to decide what to delete- been dling other stuff.
I listen to a ton of stuff so its rather hard to narrow it down. I love me some 80s metal (including thrash), Weezer, etc, etc, etc
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
norma jean. they are a scremo band that i actually listen to despite listening to good old C.C.

...not emo or screamo
Beauty Supreme

about time someone give emo a chance. It's true it's really not that great. (for future refernce MCR is not emo i would say alternative or maybe alternative emo). Anyway u should check out the newer AFI stuff, and paramore.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
norma jean. they are a scremo band that i actually listen to despite listening to good old C.C.

norma jean are a metal core band
which saosin do you have? try getting ahold of the old stuff (aka their old EP, translating the name) when they had a different singer. It is alot different and alot better, I think.

Try listening to Silverstein (any cd is great, i think) they are an emo/hardcorish band that i've been obsessed with lately. And the catchiest band I can think of off hand is Saves the Day- they could be considered emo too. Their "Stay What You Are" album is definitely a must for anyone.. have a listen to it.
No need to start a this is/isn't emo war... I just want some different music.

MCR has become a sort of face of emo no matter if they actually are emo or not.

The only Saosin on Ruckus is (i guess self-titled) and a song called voices. Like I said, I'm rather limited in my search.
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
Quote by Trail-OfDead
No need to start a this is/isn't emo war... I just want some different music.

MCR has become a sort of face of emo no matter if they actually are emo or not.

Dear God no they haven't, I don't know anyone who considers this band emo

And they can't be the face of emo if they aren't emo anyways...
Beauty Supreme

To the masses they darn sure have, obviously to the elitist emo listeners they aren't, but this is true of ****ing any genre- some band that moderately resembles the look and maybe barely any of the sound gets labeled that and because they are hot **** at the time they become a sort of figurehead to the uneducated masses.
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
When did The Used become emo? I thought they were something else like screamo..
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by Robert353
When did The Used become emo? I thought they were something else like screamo..

Okay... let me go over this again- I don't care, its in the Almighty List thing that is stickied in this very forum complain to whoever made the list not me. The whole subgenres crap is really overdone- who friggin cares?

Couldn't find any Capn Jazz or Promise Ring- but found Diary from Sunny Day and so far have not deleted a song of theirs.
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
All of these posts bring the lolz except for those by Guitarist. Try out Mineral, Moss Icon, and American Football as well
Got End Serenading and the Power of Failing from Mineral, there was no Moss Icon, and only ONE song from American Football (Letters and Packages).
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
Listen to Jimmy Eat World or Saves the Day, Say Anything are also really good. I really wouldn't recommend any MCR, Saosin, Funeral For A Friend, or Used to anybody to be honest. If you really like weezer listen to their pinkerton album since this has a sound similar to that of the actual early wave of emo bands, not the MTV version you see in the media.
Quote by Trail-OfDead
Got End Serenading and the Power of Failing from Mineral, there was no Moss Icon, and only ONE song from American Football (Letters and Packages).

Mineral is not a good representation of the genre as they're the most whiny band I could possibly think of and it will probably on induce stereotypes. Emo started out as hardcore punk through rights of spring, and continued in the early 1990's with bands like Portrait of Past but in the 90's mixed with indie to form bands like Cap N Jazz and Braid. Now its mostly screamo bands like Circle Takes The Square and Ampere and the likes of.
Quote by whitebluesboy
Listen to Jimmy Eat World or Saves the Day, Say Anything are also really good. I really wouldn't recommend any MCR, Saosin, Funeral For A Friend, or Used to anybody to be honest. If you really like weezer listen to their pinkerton album since this has a sound similar to that of the actual early wave of emo bands, not the MTV version you see in the media.

Already have all the Weezer albums and have for some time.

Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Mineral is not a good representation of the genre as they're the most whiny band I could possibly think of and it will probably on induce stereotypes.

Meh, Mineral has been okay to me- kinda droney and slow but not really in an unbearable way.
My Stuffs:
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Crate FXT120
Quote by Guitarist132
Listen to some capn jazz / promise ring / sunny day real estate.
You stole my standard suggestions

I'll add The Get Up Kids
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
with emo, im guessing comes pop rock and pop punk right?

then i would suggest cartel, the academy is...., taking back sunday, and the click five. i think theyre all very good.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
with emo, im guessing comes pop rock and pop punk right?

then i would suggest cartel, the academy is...., taking back sunday, and the click five. i think theyre all very good.

the click five....??? shoot urself