ok so my bands been looking for a singer for some time now and cant seem to find one. our drummer has a pretty good voice and we thought that he would be a good singer at least till we could find one. so my question is, is there any way to make this work, like is there a way to set up a mic. to that it will pick up his voice and not the drums? and is this a good idea or should we just forget about it and keep looking for a singer?
Why wouldn't you consider having the drummer doing it permanently, if you say he has a good voice?
Quote by take_it_t
Why wouldn't you consider having the drummer doing it permanently, if you say he has a good voice?

because they don't know how to set up the mic.
idk i just thought it might be kinda difficult for him to do both parts and figured if we found some one else it would make it easyer for him
my band did this. we had the mic stand on the outside of the hi hat stand, and a little bit further behind. we had a stand like this one http://www.avistarentals.com/images/equipment/1153959503.jpg (dont know how to describe it sorry) and had the bar come across the hi hat in front of the drummer's face. the mic would be right near the drummer's mouth, but behind the drums. so as long as it isnt too sensitive of a mic, it shouldnt pick up the drums much. hope this helps
Quote by danman92701
my band did this. we had the mic stand on the outside of the hi hat stand, and a little bit further behind. we had a stand like this one http://www.avistarentals.com/images/equipment/1153959503.jpg (dont know how to describe it sorry) and had the bar come across the hi hat in front of the drummer's face. the mic would be right near the drummer's mouth, but behind the drums. so as long as it isnt too sensitive of a mic, it shouldnt pick up the drums much. hope this helps

it does thanks
how about u guys do what genesis did with phil collins, just find a new drummer if it would be easier to find a drummer instead of a singer, which around my area, its alot easier to find a drummer, so just move the drummer to singer and find a new drummer if thats possible.
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by Retro Rocker
Maybe you could buy a wireless headset mic?

arnt those expensive?
Yeah, it's practical, look at Ringo.

Just do what the other guys said, but if the drummer feels up to it, by all means, have him sing.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Find another drummer and have your drummer just sing. That is if you can find another drummer.

Edit: The only reason I suggest this is so you have a better show. It might be kind of boring having the singer sitting down and not walkng around
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 16, 2007,
Aaron Gillespie, Phil Collins, Brandon Saller... they do it, and so can your drummer.
do wat we did:

find another drummer. (doesnt have to be as amazing)
and make your old drummer sing.
didnt the romantics drummer sing, i dont know i could be wront (my source for alot that i have learned about music and movies isnt exactly the best) but yeah, just look for another drummer if its okay with your drummer.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")