Page 2 of 29
Quote by MetalMilitia212
No, get Show No Mercy. The new album, in fact everything after and including God Hates Us All, is pure, ****ty nu-metal.

Bull**** lol. It's hardly nu-metal

But yeah Show No Mercy is the best album.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Best band ever. Period. I love all Slayers music, except for Undisputed Attitude, but other than atht, Slayer don't make bad songs, it's either excellente' or it's fantastic. Nothing beats 'em.
Slayer pwn. Seem em twice. last year and this year in singapore and australia.

Love their riffs and their songs kick arse for playing on guitar. though kerry's solos are boring and some riffs are repetive. (recycled notes and riffs on south of heaven)

but yeah. I love slayer \m/
Slayer are awesome, but their leads are extremely annoying. Hitting random notes fast doesn't make good solos!
Gear:

Ibenez RG5EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt combo amp
Ibanez Xiphos (Soon I'll have it )

I don't give a if you HATE ME!-Bodom

Slayer are awesome, the riffs are awesome, the solos are awesome, the singing is awesome, the whole sound is what's that word, awesome. The solos don't have to be technical masterpieces, they fit the bands sound, it works.
Pure fucking metal,i love everything they've put out

You can't even count how many bands these guys influenced
Wolv
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Or maybe some people just don't like Slayer.

OH NO GOD FORBID SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE SLAYER. THEY MUST BE TRENDY.

Quote by Rengori
Yes, because 20 years later Slayer is clearly releasing material on the same level as Reign in Blood or South of Heaven.

Because their new stuff is poor, that somehow affects the quality of their '80's output?
best slayer album?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
@Cliff Burton

slayer influenced so many bands, its retarded to bash them for any reason what so ever go lick mayhems nuts else were.

Quote by kanguuu
best slayer album?

the first two albums Show No Mercy and Haunting The Chapel are classic works of metal.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Last edited by kinzoku at Sep 19, 2007,
^^ Reign in Blood is my fav.

I recommend you all to watch the Still Reigning DVD its kickass.
I thought seasons was they're best. It was the perfect mix of Reign in Blood & South of Heaven.
Gear:

Ibenez RG5EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt combo amp
Ibanez Xiphos (Soon I'll have it )

I don't give a if you HATE ME!-Bodom

Slayer are cool, sure they can get a bit reppetive some times but they get alot of nondeserved bashing.
Repetetive maybe, but I suppose you could argue they are sticking to what they do best.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
Repetetive maybe, but I suppose you could argue they are sticking to what they do best.

Yeah and it has worked for 20+ years so no wonder they aren't changing their sound.
I think slayer is awesome.... But their newer stuff actually sucks... Kerry King kinda annoys the hell out of me... someone needs to take the floyd rose off of his guitar because that seems to be his musical crutch

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by wideheim
^^ Reign in Blood is my fav.

I recommend you all to watch the Still Reigning DVD its kickass.

thats why I started this thread, lawl.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I have Reign In Blood was I think it great and Christ Illusion which is ok, mainly bought it for Eyes Of The Insane. Thats about all I've heard, well I've seen the Bloodline? video on tv and on the radio.
Who said you're allowed to make an Only Thread? It could've been 'The Slayer Thread' but you had to go and say Only, didn't you?

Personally, I enjoy the older albums every now and then, especially when I'm drunk, but if I sit down and actually listen to it I find it quite boring. Just me.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
Who said you're allowed to make an Only Thread? It could've been 'The Slayer Thread' but you had to go and say Only, didn't you?

Personally, I enjoy the older albums every now and then, especially when I'm drunk, but if I sit down and actually listen to it I find it quite boring. Just me.

+1
I can't really see me listening to any of the newer stuff these days, but Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits will always have a place on my shelf.
RULE BRITANNIA
Overrated to hell, but they were thrash pioneers, and massively succesful with what they did.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I just can't get enough of "Seasons In The Abyss" song... It makes me want to bang my head till it falls off..
And why greety ?? Why can't I make an only thread ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
thats because slayer sucks.

**** you, lol your probably one of those black metal only twats, I like black metal too, but cmon.
MM i like em in small doses, still Raining is the only stuff i have form them
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Slayer is awesome... I just don't like some of their newer stuff because of the lyrics, there is less attention to detail... But all of their older albums kick major ass

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Maybe it's cuz it was the first Slayer I ever got, but my favorite is still Diabolous. That album is awesome... other than that, I think the best Slayer albums are the first two, Mercy, and Hell Awaits. Especially Hell. That album was raw and wriggling dude.

"I don't know if you know this New York, but if your friend is sucking you off, it's totally not gay if you yell out 'SLAYER!!!!'.... a little love for the balls? SLAYER!!! and finger up the butt? SLAY-ugh-LAYER!!!"- Brian Posehn
Man, I can't believe they messed up the first page... wow.

Legendary band IMO. I used to have a kerry king V. It was actually one of the best V's I've ever used. Surprising from B.C. Rich.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
LAYER FTW! but yeah i gotta say alot of poser kids like them. ALOT. You see alot of people saying, "oh yeah! slipknot and slayer are my favorite bands, along with A7X! I'm so X-core!!!"
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
I can't stand slipknot. But I love playing Avenged sevenfold songs sometimes. gives me a nice break from constant bodom LOL. The only Slayer songs I know are South Of Heaven and Black Magic. =\ Any recommendations to learn next?
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Slayer is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. You can't listen to Slayer for the solos. You listen to Slayer for the sheer brutality. I listen to Slayer cause its viscious. Its good to get all the anger out to for sure.
just stopped in this thread to say ......

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEER
Wolv
the first 3 albums + haunting the chapel are awesome, havnt listened to them in a while though, i also quite enjoyed Divine Intervention, dont really care for GHUA and DIM havnt heard christ illusion yet

slayer has been a gateway to extreme metal for me which i am grateful for
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Slayer are one of the most overrated bands in metal history. Theres so many thrash bands that do it way better, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Tankard, Holy Moses. ****, even Testament are better than Slayer.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

any one realised how weird Hanneman holds his pick lol, almost as weird as Rob Flynn using thumb and middle finger...
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by Seth Shadows
I can't stand slipknot. But I love playing Avenged sevenfold songs sometimes. gives me a nice break from constant bodom LOL. The only Slayer songs I know are South Of Heaven and Black Magic. =\ Any recommendations to learn next?

You like A7X more than Slipknot? That's just lame!!! lolz. j/k dude, whatever, your opinion, but still... the only halfway decent A7X was Waking The Fallen... at least everySlipknot record has four or five good ones...