Page 5 of 29
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
thats because slayer sucks.

usually when a topic such as slayers level of suckage comes up in conversation,I personally like to scream "**** yeah slayer!" in the offending person's face for being stupid.
**** YEAH SLAYER!!!
Quote by masterohumans
You can yell at anybody for anything as longas you're holding a Bible. I've learned that.
Listen to me look at my sig, would I lie?

Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits (brutal), reign, south, and seasons are gold, Christ illusion is decent and its funny to hear REAL PUNK cover on undisputed attitude.

FUCKING SLAYER!
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by slayerific
Tormentor as well as Metal Storm/ Face the Slayer are filled with awesome riffs, Kerry and Jeff should really listen to their old songs for inspiration when writing for their next album

Jesus christ lord all mighty....I mean...SATAN everyone go here www.deezer.com go listen to Metal Storm/Face the Slayer and try not to get your keyboards soaked.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Slayer hasn't fascinated me in years, not since I heard newer metal. But in all honesty, are there any metalheads left out there who really hold Slayer up as gods (in their top 10) when so much more varied **** has come out since Reign in Blood? (or Seasons, whenever you think their last moderately mediocre album came out).
I've found Jesus
^ I don't hold Slayer as my top ten...but I hold them very dear to me because they introduced me to extreme metal. I regard that year (1993) as important as my birthdate
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
^ What is it with people on this forum downloading like a bunch of fags? If you like it, buy it ffs...

In other news, I forgot how awesome Haunting The Chapel is until today. The title track is actually killer, I didnt pay much attention to it before, I should have.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
go bash slayer for 100 or 1000 times but its not gonna affect anything
slayer has got one of the biggest fan base in metal and all other who are still jealous of this fact can crib and cry here for zillion times or go to the loo to release their frustration
choice is urs
Quote by Tarentula
slayer has got one of the biggest fan base in metal and all other who are still jealous of this fact can crib and cry here for zillion times or go to the loo to release their frustration
choice is urs

X100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

FUCKING SLAYER !!!!
Wolv
Quote by Magero
It's easier and cheaper for someone with no job and no income to download an album to see if its any good?

Just putting it out there.

True, but he said he loved it, why not buy it? Although I do know what its like to be looking in vain for a job.

Excuse my bitchiness in my previous post NosferatuZodd person, I was tetchy after failing a biology exam.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Tarentula
choice is urs

I'd say Metallica has the biggest fanbase in metal, wouldn't you?

Also, I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Slayer bashing if it's not directed at anyone per se because you could say that about anyone bashing a band. Where does it really get anyone? Well, for one (and I know this is general, not just Slayer-related), if you're making music, bashing bands in a community base helps you understand and get ideas for your own music. However, most of the time, people who bash Slayer are inbreds who have no idea where the headstock of a guitar is.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband

that's why he said ONE of the biggest
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
that's why he said ONE of the biggest

I can't read. I read what I wanted to see instead of what he said. Meh.

****ING SLAYER...

blows.
I've found Jesus
Quote by F-ing Hostile
Are there any Slayer songs with acoustic or clean guitars??

It's not realy their style to play clean,but they do play it at the start of Seasons in the abyss
Wolv
Last edited by Thedarkwolf at Apr 4, 2008,
Quote by Jeff Hanneman
Were the **** Is Slayer!?!?!?!

Lol. I just got the image of Jeff actually going onto UG and asking where the rest of Slayer is.
I've found Jesus
Anyone who dont like Slayer or think they suck. Just dont understand metal.
Their fans are still as alive as ever!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Quote by F-ing Hostile
Are there any Slayer songs with acoustic or clean guitars??

Spill The Blood intro.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ The truth.. I love Slayer, but to be honest they have released some incredibly dire material. And I dont listen to much after Seasons In The Abyss.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
while seasons and blood are 2 of the best metal albums of all times, diabolus has some killer tunes, so does hates. catatonic is my fav off of christ illusion.
Shecter Jolly Roger w/EMGs 81/85
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor
Boss BR600 Recorder
I only bought Christ Illusion because of the song 'Eyes of the Insane'. I like that song a lot. Reign In Blood has some cool songs on it. Angel of Death and Postmortem would be the best ones IMO.
Another great song is Addict, off of the Soundtrack to the Apocalypse set. Very underrated.
Quote by Stranglehold
Spill The Blood intro.

**** yes its what i immediately thought when he mentioned acoustics in slayer lol, high five?
Quote by Contraband

Also, I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Slayer bashing if it's not directed at anyone per se because you could say that about anyone bashing a band. Where does it really get anyone? Well, for one (and I know this is general, not just Slayer-related), if you're making music, bashing bands in a community base helps you understand and get ideas for your own music. However, most of the time, people who bash Slayer are inbreds who have no idea where the headstock of a guitar is.

when you are quoting some one then you have to read what tht person has written instead of just wht u wnted to read anyways thts not my concern kepulix has already cleared my point to you

ofcourse this slayer bashing isnt directed at anyone perhaps my idea for the last post is that its totally useless to bash gignatic bands like metallica slayer maiden or megadeth because this is really not gonna take us anywhere......but yeah we can discuss about their music how they eveloved and what is their current scenario which is not making you feel good with particular band like it used to rather than making comments like slayer sucks or slayer is gay which is rightly said by you ppl with these useless comments have no idea where the headstock of a guitar is
Quote by Stranglehold
Spill The Blood intro.

Well, I knew about that one, that's kinda what made me ask about it is because I love that intro.
if u dont like slayer then why would u get on the slayer thread and complain lie a dirty vagina?
anyway all of slayer kicks ass and im gonna see them before they call it quits...
i was watching live slayer and i have to say that dave lombardo is a god
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Kerry King makes f**king monster riffs. Divine Intervention and Diabolus in Musica were kinda weak imo (I liked some stuff off God Hates Us All though). King's solos are nececcarily bad, it's just kinda a required taste.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Many people says Kerry King is a very sloppy player, give me an example?

His rhythm playing is tight and skillful, his solos are laughable at best.

I don't hate the solos, as they fit the music. But seriously, he's never let go of the whammy bar in his life. He should actually try soloing with a tad of melody, instead of wanking off the chromatics like a gay lovechild.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
His rhythm playing is tight and skillful, his solos are laughable at best.

I don't hate the solos, as they fit the music. But seriously, he's never let go of the whammy bar in his life. He should actually try soloing with a tad of melody, instead of wanking off the chromatics like a gay lovechild.

, I have to agree.

Did Kerry really do the guitar for Beastie Boys Fight for Your Right? I heard that some where, but I wanted to confirm that.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by slayerific
^^ Yeah he is probablly the most talented member, musically

i kinda disagree with this
dude just tell me one thing which slayer member you will put of the band and band is still able to reign like it does....every member is unique and nobody takes the cake alone in my opinion i give 25% to each member for their contribution out of 100%