Gear's in my sig. (No, I didn't pay $1,050 or $370. I paid $450 (SLSMG) and $180 (RFX120)

How do I clean up my tone? In my Lead channel, there's a very annoying buzz that just kills my tone for me.

However, I've noticed that it might be my cable. The buzz is close to non-existant when I un-plug my cable from the amp. It comes back when I plug it back in.

It's a cheapo cable too: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Tweed-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=330075

It's the same cable that I used back when I had my DKMGT and Cube 30. I had no buzz with that setup, but that's because the Cube had a noise gate in the R-fier.

Therefore, when I get my paycheck I'm going to put down an order for:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Instrument-Cable?sku=332100

Any other suggestions?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Just let us know how that works, then we'll suggest more.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
The more gain, the more noise. Generally. I guess you could also get a noise reducer.
Quote by JesusLives
The more gain, the more noise. Generally. I guess you could also get a noise reducer.

Lead channel gain is on 12:30, so it's not that much.

The buzz is also in the clean channel. When I heard the amp before buying it, the buzz wasn't there, so it has to be my cable.
Roland Micro Cube

Quote by JesusLives

right on that one.

also, if it persists it may be something with the contacts on the inside of the input jack of the guitar.

probobly not tho.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
oh yah.....my friends input on his GUITAR was ****ed, and it buzzed, maybe open that up and tighten the connection
There's no buzz change when the cable is plugged into my SLSMG and when it's not plugged in, the same amount is there.
Roland Micro Cube