Page 1 of 4
How much heavier can music get? We will eventually hit a point, where it just can't get any heavier?
Quote by JesusLives
How much heavier can music get? We will eventually hit a point, where it just can't get any heavier?

i think it has been hit with black metal. mind you i consider sad but true to be heavy, not because they scream and play a million notes a second but it has bawls.
i was thinking the same thing a few days ago while i was watching this heavy metal documentary...i don't really know...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Heavy music is a matter of opinion, partly. Yes, there's a point where something is not really heavy, but some people think nonstop screaming is heavy and other people think downtuning is heavy, and others think crazy double bass and chugging triads is heavy...etc. It's kind of an opinion thing.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I mean in the seventies, Black Sabbath was HEAVY. Now they're just classic rock.
It can and it will..

I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
maybe people will start sacraficing themselves on stage........thats pretty heavy
Quote by JesusLives
I mean in the seventies, Black Sabbath was HEAVY. Now they're just classic rock.

They are pretty light by todays standards. Im sure they thought they were gonna be the heaviest **** ever too. And now look where we are. Bands like Spawn of Possession, Black Dahlia Murder, and stuff are truckloads heavier than Black Sabbath, and we will probably get heavier
Ok, here's another thought. How heavy can something get until it sounds totally stupid. Like turning the bass way up on something, it can get heavier and heavier but at some point it just starts to sound retarded. I think black metal has hit that point...sorry black metallers.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
i imagine as soon as someone figures out how to make it "heavier", they will. this is as heavy as it can get for now, otherwise someone would have made it heavier. i guess eventually someone will figure out something new to make it so.
Quote by ZoSo0305
maybe people will start scraficing themselves on stage........thats pretty heavy

thats pretty f*cking heavy.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i think eventually metal guitarists will switch to bass and a bassist will invent a lower instrument like a bass
we could make instruments out of bricks

lol?
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
i think eventually metal guitarists will switch to bass and a bassist will invent a lower instrument like a bass

Lol. I play the bass bass. Sweet....
There's got to be a point where it can't get any heavier.

But trust me, people will find a way to make music heavier.
I guess as heavy as you could get would be just above or right at the lowest frequency humans can hear and still have a melody, and almost loud enough to blow out your speakers....technical definition right there

Now of course, that wouldnt make for very good music, theres a point where a guitar is too low to sound good, and a bass lead just doesnt sound as metal...so "heavy" as you "can" get would suck, heavy as you want to get is what you are looking for, and as everyone has already said...there is too much opinion in that one to define clearly
Quote by JesusLives
Lol. I play the bass bass. Sweet....

It could be called the bassssss.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Mankind will always find a way to make music heavier.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by Stupified
Would anyone consider grindcore heavy or just disgusting and annoying?

I find it the latter, but that's just me
I just don't get it
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
the songwriting, way of playing, and attitude of black sabbath is what made them heavy. they really didnt need too much distortion to sound heavy, which is one of the reasons they are so good, to me anyway.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
How can music get anymore heavier you ask? SIMPLE!

get Don Vito on Vocals

Fat albert on Bass

Missy Elliot on Drums

and Chris Farley on Guitar
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
you will know that it has gotten to the point when it cant get any heavier, when you see a black metal band with all penguin members
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by Henry Polfave

get Don Vito on Vocals

Fat albert on Bass

Missy Elliot on Drums

Too bad Fat Albert is made up, and Chris Farley is dead.
One day, we'll all be saying, ''Remember when we thought Slipknot was heavy'
people wil eventually say to themselves wow we all sound like a blur of fast brutal crushing metal what more do we need to prove
Quote by Henry Polfave

get Don Vito on Vocals

Fat albert on Bass

Missy Elliot on Drums

Lmao. Heavy isn't an accurate musical term. You can't measure heaviness. Therefore, no one will ever be able to play the heaviest song because heavy is essentially subjective.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by FFWF
people wil eventually say to themselves wow we all sound like a blur of fast brutal crushing metal what more do we need to prove

I doubt it, people are idiots.
Quote by Henry Polfave

get Don Vito on Vocals

Fat albert on Bass

Missy Elliot on Drums

+1 For Vito on vocals.

*incomphrensible vocals reign throughout each song*
Shorter guitar necks, longer strings, so you can down-tune them more without sacrificng tautness.
I like the bass bassssss idea though.
And, quadruple bass drums, with two headed-pedals. drumsticks with miniature amps in the head...
There's a lot of ways we could get louder and heavier.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by JesusLives

I still consider sabbath to be one of the heaviest bands of all time. Heavy not by screaming and a million notes per second, but slow evil sounding stuff. But yea, some black metal is pretty fukcin heavy. Like Electric Wizard. I think they may be the heaviest band of all time.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Last edited by LynchMobster at Sep 15, 2007,
the key to heavier music is rape. raping your fans will give you a heavy reputation
Depends entirely on what you mean by heavy. I'm sure we'll find a way to make music more heavy.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by juniorfr3ak
we could make instruments out of bricks

lol?

Well, it depends on what you mean by heavy... Either way, if it gets too extreme, it's going to sound retarded.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Too bad Fat Albert is made up, and Chris Farley is dead.

*looks at avatar*

EDDIE IS MADE UP

AND DEAD

AT THE SAME TIME SO HA!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Page 1 of 4