for my birthday, my parents are looking for me to give em ideas and i was looking up some stuff on Musicians friend, and i came across a Whammy pedal. Anyone had any experience with this pedal? and is it really worth the pric? also is a Line 6 Pod plus( i think) worth the money, or is its sound really digital?
Dude, think about it, something that will alter your pitch in real time that can go two octaves up or two octaves down in less than a second?

By it's very nature, it's going to sound digital, but it's not a bad thing.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I had a whammy, but while it was fun to mess around with, I found that it was pretty useless to me. Definately a pedal you should try before you buy.
Quote by 03cobrasarenice
I had a whammy, but while it was fun to mess around with, I found that it was pretty useless to me. Definately a pedal you should try before you buy.

agree...i have it, fun play around but i haven't found a way to actually integrate it into my songs
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
well, like cobras said, it's a great/fun pedal, but it would be hard to put to good use, so you'd eventually get bored

the pod is pretty good i hear
It's very... Odd... But awesome.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite