Poll: Does playing an instrument affect your emotions?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does playing an instrument affect your emotions?
yes
42 93%
no
3 7%
Voters: 45.
Ok,
I know that pretty much everyone here likes playing guitar
(or maybe bass,
or ONLY bass,
or drums,
or fuck maybe you only play drums)

But how many of you actually get some sort or emotional impact from playing whatever instrument may be your choice rather then just doing it for fun?

For example,
I had no clue that playing guitar gave me such an emotional boost until earlier today.

I was depressed,
lonely,
paranoid,
that whole sh!t,
when I decided to play guitar.

Afterwards I just felt good.

I don't know,
I have never noticed it before but I get really happy when I write new material.

Does anyone else experience something like this?
Last edited by superunknown at Sep 15, 2007,
every single day. if i'm feeling down i'll grab the guitar sit down and play some fun songs and i'll start feeling happy. if i'm pissed i'll go beat the crap out of the drums, then i'm not pissed. music is my release of daily stress.
Yeah when I was in high school or whenever I had a crappy day at work, I'd go home and blast away on my electric. Instantly better after playing for awhile.
Quote by Eminored
I don't let it mess with my emotions, I let my emotions effect it.

For me, it goes both ways. When I'm feeling down / depressed / whatever due to whatever reason it may be, the guitar is usually what I turn to in order to bring me back up. Guitar or friends, usually either one does it.

I remember reading a quote Slash said at one point, something along the lines of this ; "I remember, no matter how crazy things got, no matter what happened, I knew I always had my guitar to fall back on" Or something of the sort. This is mostly true for me, too.
im always happy. all the time
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
every single day. if i'm feeling down i'll grab the guitar sit down and play some fun songs and i'll start feeling happy. if i'm pissed i'll go beat the crap out of the drums, then i'm not pissed. music is my release of daily stress.
same...i let my emotions out in my playing...i think that's how i picked the guitar up in the first place
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Last edited by RageAgainst... at Sep 15, 2007,
When I'm playing a really difficult song (for me) or just a song that's fun to play, I'll usual smile while I'm playing. Music is just so beautiful. Words can't describe it.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
It brings me calm
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
yeah i make my emotions affect my guitar too... but i guess thats kinda how it works right? if you're sad it tends to be a slower piece, if your happy it tends to be brighter, and if youre pissed, you tend to play payback by slayer.... then go carry out the meaning behind that song to whoever pissed you off right? thats how it works for me
Yeah, playing guitar's the only time you can really let your stiff upper lip go, well, floppy. If you get me.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..