I've been playing this Les Paul nonstop at the local Guitar Center. With its Marshall counterpart, it sounds AMAZING. I almost have as much money as I need...but its a big step for me.

The guitar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2291-04-Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-1960-Reissue-Ebony_W0QQitemZ170148295048QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The guitar really suits me. I mostly play classic rock, and the guitar just feels "right".

The amp:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Marshall-JVM410-Amp-Head-1960A-1960B-Half-Stack?full_sku=481485

I really don't know much about amps...all I have is a little Fender at the moment, but from what I know this amp is "the one".

What do you think?
I think that's an amazing combination. What kind of music do you play?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I think that's an amazing combination. What kind of music do you play?

I actually write most of the music I play, but my basis is classic rock (Zeppelin, Sabbath) and whatever you wanna call the Beatles. My major influence is of course Zeppelin, so I tend to completely swing in that direction.

My setup as of now: Fender Tele, Gibson SG, crappy Ovation, a simple Crybaby Wah, and a Fender Frontman.

I just turned 17 a couple weeks ago, and got a whole heap a cash...I don't feel much like savin it though.
It seems good I'd say. If you like it, go for it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Ibanez20th
Well honestly if your going to get a used gibbo get something from the 90s or 70s.

No, I wanna get both from Guitar Center brand new. I didn't see this guitar on their web site though.
It's a classic combination. I haven't tried the new marshall, but I've only heard good things. I really want to. Sounds like a good piece of kit.

Congratulations on having found "your sound". I'm still looking for mine.
Maybe you should try some higher end epiphones while your at it. You may be surprised at how they compare and you can save alot of money.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
if u like it then buy it

plus if ur buyign them together see if u can get a discount due to u buying so much stuff
That's the kinda gear I drool over

If you have the cash, I'd say go for it
Quote by thatoneday
Does anyone know if Guitar Center accepts monthly payments?

They do, but it's not worth it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by thatoneday
Lots of extra charges?

Yep. They make you pay list price instead of store price. If you miss one payement, they take it back and keep your money.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Yep. They make you pay list price instead of store price. If you miss one payement, they take it back and keep your money.

That sounds ****ed. Well, I guess I need to save another thousand...
Quote by thatoneday
That sounds ****ed. Well, I guess I need to save another thousand...

In that case, I'd buy the guitar first to make sure no one buys it before you can get it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
In that case, I'd buy the guitar first to make sure no one buys it before you can get it.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna go with that option...dammit I wanted both at the same time, man.

/I also plan on selling my Ovation and save for a Martin acoustic. My friend has a Martin D-28 from like '71 and its the best selling acoustic I've ever heard.