what do u guys think, i just need some people's opinion's for my paper. of how the general public reacts to this.
LOL
Yes
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
yea...a few months ago i read about some chip that was being developed that would be implanted into people (with their knowledge, not like some alien abduction) that could track their location and a bunch of other ****...no joke

i think there was a thread on here about it actually
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Yeah, i know technology itself isnt. But i mean the people who use technology against or with humans. Because we create the advances in the technology so sometimes we threaten ourselves or not?
LOL
Quote by RageAgainst...
yea...a few months ago i read about some chip that was being developed that would be implanted into people (with their knowledge, not like some alien abduction) that could track their location and a bunch of other ****...no joke

i think there was a thread on here about it actually

Dude, dogs already have that stuff. You only have to put it in humans. It's already DEVELOPED.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Dude, dogs already have that stuff. You only have to put it in humans. It's already DEVELOPED.
ok then they were trying to implement it into society...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
just compare peoples private lives now to... say 100 years ago.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by bTOMd
Not technology in itself but the ways you can use it and who operates it, yes

How else could he possibly have meant it?

"Do you think your computer is spying on you?" ???
I don't know what "theraten" means.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Yes and no. Wherever you find a way to snoop on someone through technology, you will probably find a counter to that. E-mails can be intercepted, so we develop encryption, etc.

Overall, yes.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

yes,technology does threaten our privacy in many ways, hidden cameras, hackers (if there were no internet there wud be no hackers)

and many more i cant really think of them right now

and your personal information, your identity all these are threatened
yeah, i was right most of us would agree technology does threaten our privacy. Only good thing technology is seem to be doing is for medical reasons, discovering the past/truth.....but of course they are other things wrong or right
LOL
You need to be WAY more specific with the term "technology". If you ride your bike to school, the wheels on that bike are technology. The pencil you use to write with is technology. The way we wash clothes is technology.
Quote by The Madcap
You need to be WAY more specific with the term "technology". If you ride your bike to school, the wheels on that bike are technology. The pencil you use to write with is technology. The way we wash clothes is technology.

dude if you haven't already drifted on what people mean on technology, i mean computers. As other people understood because they responded by saying computers, and i didnt even say computers because its understandable what i was asking about. Also its about privacy, bikes and clothes don't threaten us unless their is a camera on that bike or clothes :stickpoke unless some1 rides to ur house and stalks you, then that could be threatening.....dont be a smart butt ok
LOL
GPS is a bad thing to let parents get a hold of. i had a unit on my truck without me knowing so i got questioned about doing donuts and where ive been. such BS no privacy.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by SiKh22
dude if you haven't already drifted on what people mean on technology, i mean computers. As other people understood because they responded by saying computers, and i didnt even say computers because its understandable what i was asking about. Also its about privacy, bikes and clothes don't threaten us unless their is a camera on that bike or clothes :stickpoke unless some1 rides to ur house and stalks you, then that could be threatening.....dont be a smart butt ok
Hey...Crazy thought here...If you mean computers, then say computers. It's way more logical. Besides, there are many other forms of technology as simple as a glass cup that can threaten our privacy.
Quote by The Madcap
Hey...Crazy thought here...If you mean computers, then say computers. It's way more logical. Besides, there are many other forms of technology as simple as a glass cup that can threaten our privacy.

hey its simple common sense, but you are right though. If every1 else caught on..what made you want to stand out and say be specific???? you understood it right? out of the 13 or so people that responded all knew it was how computers, or any other form threated us, what made you be special?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
hey its simple common sense, but you are right though. If every1 else caught on..what made you want to stand out and say be specific???? you understood it right? out of the 13 or so people that responded all knew it was how computers, or any other form threated us, what made you be special?
Because you said you were writing a paper, and I assume that's for school. Well, it's not safe to think "Oh, well, the teacher will know what I mean, so I will be vague".
Quote by The Madcap
Because you said you were writing a paper, and I assume that's for school. Well, it's not safe to think "Oh, well, the teacher will know what I mean, so I will be vague".

LOL nah i get you, but of course i'm going to be specific on my paper. As i was working on it i just made a thread to see what people said. But what do u think! does it or does it not threaten, remember think of all the factors!!!! spam, automated phone calls, everything much more!
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
LOL nah i get you, but of course i'm going to be specific on my paper. As i was working on it i just made a thread to see what people said. But what do u think! does it or does it not threaten, remember think of all the factors!!!! spam, automated phone calls, everything much more!
I think it does threaten our privacy, however in reality, it is dependant on the user. A person does not need to live off of computers, however in a country like America, it's very difficult to live by what's considered "normal", without computers playing a big role in life.
In soviet-russia tv watches YOU!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
If you do nothing wrong, you got nothing to hide. If you don't do anything too bad, authorities won't even care. Think about all the paper work, for a curious 13 year old kid.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Sometimes my computer follows me to the bathroom
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Sometimes my computer follows me to the bathroom

Dear God.

Does it turn the webcam on?
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by The Madcap

yea but our washing machines and our pencils arent used to threaten our privacy
Quote by JesusVSMegaman

If they wanted to threaten your privacy, they would hide spying equipment in objects that you wouldn't think were used for that.

So next time you wash your filthy underwear and look into the washing machine door, make sure you fix your hair.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Sep 16, 2007,
clearing you internet browsing history wont do much good since your ISP still knows what sites you visit easily. It can get the history off of the computer, but while you are looking at it is still being sent to you isp.
LOL
dude pecils,pens and stuff DO threaten our privacy, hasnt any1 seen the movie "meet the fockers" or "meet the parents" the guy's job is to make frikking anti-privacy cameras XD
yeah, you can really spy on people with the internet. It's scary stuff.

Imagine what a trained FBI researcher/spy could do.... as opposed to an amateur.
Quote by JesusVSMegaman
Okay...a glass cup can threaten our privacy, and that isn't a computer.
Quote by SiKh22
what do u guys think, i just need some people's opinion's for my paper. of how the general public reacts to this.

no, the government with technology is a threat to our privacy.