Hey wat up to every1 at UG. I've been having some troubles on the whole multiple string tapping thing. I can play some kickass riffs on the high E string but i'm a little intimidated by moving on to the other ones. I've attemped it but failed misserably. Any pointers?
nope, just the usual: slow at first. EXTREMELY slow at first and make sure its clean then go faster.
Or get over it.

One or the other
play one tapping shape on the e string, then move down each string and play the same thing on every string, do it slowly at first and pick up speed as you get more comfortable then try other patterns and stuff
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
play one tapping shape on the e string, then move down each string and play the same thing on every string

Actually, that's not quite good piece of advice there, because if you keep that same shape on every string you won't stay in key. So, when you move from string to string you have to think what notes you're going to fret with your left hand and what notes you're going to tap with your right hand. Once again, without knowing your scales and modes, you shouldn't attempt this. However, if you know enough theory, you'll be able to make great amount of interesting tapping licks without too much effort. Other than that, all the basic advice applies here too (start slow, make sure there's no extra noise when you change strings etc...)
^not so bad for practice imo but agreed you should always play in key or extremely close (I firmly believe you can go out of key briefly but of course you should mainly stay in key)
i was just saying for learning the technique, not for applying it musically
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Have a look at Midnight by Joe Satriani. You'll get to tap on all the strings, and it's easier than it sounds.
Remember that the low E is the same note. You can apply those riffs that you wrote on the top string and play them an octave lower. Tapping on the low E is far less used, but sounds really cool in the right context.

Also, remember that the other strings have the potential for the same riffs. You can play the stuff you wrote on the E string on the A, the G, or the D just as well.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?