Hi all,

I'm selling my Traynor YCV40-WR combo amp. It's a 40 watt, 3 12AX7 preamp and 2 6L6 power amp tube combo with a single 12 inch Vintage 30 speaker. I replaced the stock tubes about a year ago with Eurotubes' High Gain option (link) - it obviously increased the available distortion level and smoothed out the treble quite a bit. The amp has two channels, channel one is overdrive with gain, volume, and bass / mid / treble controls. Channel two is clean, and has volume and bass / mid / treble control. Main knobs are presence and reverb.

The amp itself has a nice red leather covering, with some knicks at the bottom where I bumped it when taking it to practice - you can see them in the picture. It weighs about 50 pounds, which isn't bad at all for carrying around - I carried it up two flights of narrow stairs twice a week for a while without any problems. Turned up to 4 or 5 volume on the gain channel and you can easily overpower a drummer. And, as with all tube amps, it sounds great at about volume 1, but really fills out past 2 - 2.5.

I play a lot of progressive rock / metal through this in my band and for fun with an Ibanez RG370 loaded with Dimarzio's. It can get pretty heavy at 7-10 gain with the upgraded tubes, while retaining nice sounding lighter overdrives with the gain turned down. And the clean is beautiful, I didn't use it too much however.

I received this amp for Christmas one year and nine months ago, there is still three months on the transferable 2 year warranty. I still have the footswitch and amp cover, and it will be shipped in the original box.

Here is the amp's Harmony-Central review page - link

eBay feedback
Heatware feedback

I'm asking for $450 shipped, Paypal preferred.

hey be carefull with your bumps man.... just sayong remember its only 3 a week 1 every 24 hours. why you selling this?
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by SchecterFreak
hey be carefull with your bumps man.... just sayong remember its only 3 a week 1 every 24 hours. why you selling this?

Oops, sorry - I read the rules and remembered the once per 24 hours, but forgot about the three a week. Won't happen again

I'm selling because I'm buying a Mesa Mark IV - it should be better at the heavier sounds that my band needs.
hey man im not a mod just giving you friendly advice... nice amp though... can't afford it but hey good luck.

just for that
bump for sweet amp!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason