a one humbucker guitar with a mini three way on-on-on toggle to do (down)full bucker-kill(middle)-(up)split ? its got six lugs on the bottom.
bump

sorry, but no body had an answer last night. I'm hoping someone will see it that does...

EDIT: If anyones curious, heres the guitar...

I covered the pg in pics and used contact paper to cover it. I used a knife to cut the edges. I melted them down with a lighter but they are a bit rough still. You cant tell unless you look up close. the contact paper shouldnt get scratched up like clear coat would.
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 16, 2007,
I really hate to do this but I really need help...so...bump

To restate my original question...can I make a three way on on on switch do either

split-kill-fullbucker
or
split-fullbucker-kill?

I just need a diagram for one of those two...
Nope. I'm assuming that's a DPDT, and it won't be possible. You'd need multiple switches or a really wierd new switch.
no, it is becuase when I first got the pickup it was in a guitar and it was wired like that. But I put it in a hss guitar and tried to redo it and ended up using seperate switches...its possible I just dont know how...
like cokeisbetter said, I also don't know how it's possible with a single 3way switch...
you could use two on-on switches, one for full humbucker/split, one for on/killswitch. That would be easier.
I know, I've done that before. But I know its possible and I remember the wireing being chaotic but I really want to know how it was done because I'm going for a really simple look on this guitar...plus I dont want to cover the hole I made ;p. If I do do two switches I'll move them over by where the five way switch was though. But I REALLY want to do it to one switch. Its kinda frustrating, I know its been done but at the same time it doesnt seempossible.

Its a three position switch with 6 lugs on the bottom...
hmmm.... in that case, I have no idea how it would be wired... I'd guess it would be with a on-off-on switch... that's as far as I know... *heads off to mspaint to try to figure it out*
If you find out, post the diagram for it, I'd be interested in seeing it...

edit: never mind, xibanezedgex's got a diagram already...
Last edited by james4 at Sep 17, 2007,
ya know I dont actually know that its an on on on switch. That may work. Thank you.

If memory serves me right it was originally wired something like this one (http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectronics/H1602-W549-BFFFFFF/hb_multisounds) so that should work. Thanks dude, you rock.

EDIT: I know the newspaper clipping things been done before but any thoughts on the way the pickguard turned out? It doesnt glare as much in person...
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 17, 2007,