I dont know if this is the right forum for this, but ill give it a shot anyway...
I have a Fender Cyclone that I am trying to trade for some type of les paul, preferable and Epiphone, but I just don't know what kind of value my Cyclone actually has, and what i should be looking for in a trade, so just throwing it out here, does anyone know what i should expect from a fair trade for this, its the first type of cyclone with the S/H setup and its in very good condition, any input would be very helpful.
Last edited by HICKORYsmokes at Sep 16, 2007,
I want one. I'm wishing I had an Agile or Epi Les Paul to trade.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
This is based on the UK second hand value, about $3-350. This may be just the case for the UK market though. I wouldn't get rid of it though, it's a really sexy guitar
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Keep it, it's a beast of a guitar. Trading a freaking cyclone for an epi, madness!
But seriously though, if you want an LP just save up for one and keep the cyclone, you'll get very little resale with it...
I'm tempted to say, "its worthless but i'll take it of your hands for free".

You should repost this in Classfields really... I'm GASing for a cyclone myself, i've seen one in a local store. You souldn't really trade for an Epi. these things go for about £300-£350 used here.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Alright, thanks for the input guys, but if i was looking to sell it in the US, exactly how much should I be looking for, the guitar just isnt for me, I do love the way it looks though, the sound is good, its just not the type that I'm looking for.
i'm in the same boat! i built mine and got it refinished/new pickguard/betterhardware/pickups... it looks amazing!...but i find myself wanting something different. its worth a lot more now with all the additions i made, but i don't know how much im actually going to be able to sell it for.

fender cyclones i think go for 500-600$ new?
they dont sell them on musiciansfriend anymore so i'm not quite sure.
Quote by Retemeris
i'm in the same boat! i built mine and got it refinished/new pickguard/betterhardware/pickups... it looks amazing!...but i find myself wanting something different. its worth a lot more now with all the additions i made, but i don't know how much im actually going to be able to sell it for.

fender cyclones i think go for 500-600$ new?
they dont sell them on musiciansfriend anymore so i'm not quite sure.

the Cyclone has fallen into the dreaded "discontinued" pile. Fender discontinues everything that i thought was an improvement on their classic designs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I would trade, but I love my Epiphone way too much...I don't think I could trade it for this quite yet.

I would try and post in the classifieds, and maybe post a pic?
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi