I'm looking at a new axe. I've currently got an RG2EX2 with emg-designed humbuckers.

I'm looking at an ESP M-200FM with a licensed floyd rose locking trem and ESP LH-300 pickups.

My question is, are they decent at all for high-distortion/high-gain sounds or are they muddy pieces of crap?

If they suck I'll just go for the LTD MH-250NT with an EMG-HZ H4 set.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I take it nobody knows out of experience.

In that case, since the only music store around (Guitar Center) doesn't stock ESP's so I won't get to actually try one, I'll not risk it.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
My ESP has LH-150s, XD sorry I can't tell you. But ESP's are made for metal anyway, so of course it will have good highs and gain... I just recently got my second guitar, it's an epiphone dot. I mainly use it for jazz band though. My ESP guitar model is MH-100QMNT by the way.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
How long have you been playing? The LH-300 is more of an entry level guitar, so it's materials would not be up to par with that of the 400 models or higher.
Problem is I'm dirt broke right now.

But my birthday comes November 7th, I'll be 16 so I can get a job then. If that works out, and I save up everything I get from b-day, then comes christmas. Save up cash I get from that, plus birthday cash, and whatever I can make in between, I should have between $300 - $500.

Right now I'm playing an RG2EX2. Entry level is all I know right now.

Edit: Oh, and I've been playing on and off for about two years. I'm not that good yet but I've been making progress lately.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.