I am looking in getting some recording gear with some good amp models. As far as the recording which is better the line 6 toneport ux2 or the guitarport rifftracker with instant drummer. Also for the instant drummer does it have a good amount of beats that can be used for death/grind stuff like blast beats and fast double bass parts?
toneport all the way.
Up the Irons

Jackson RR5
Peavy valveking212
Zakk Wylde distortion
Crybaby from hell.
Quote by soulreaper666
I am looking in getting some recording gear with some good amp models. As far as the recording which is better the line 6 toneport ux2 or the guitarport rifftracker with instant drummer. Also for the instant drummer does it have a good amount of beats that can be used for death/grind stuff like blast beats and fast double bass parts?

Why would you want all that unnecessary drum machine crap when you're recording for guitar? toneport ftw! (keep in mind that I haven't used either, but from your post the toneport seems a lot better)
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I am actually wondering the exact same.... does it do the fast double-bass stuff.. we want to know so that way our ideas can be heard instantly and the demos we hand out sound that much better until we either find a drummer & or its just simply inconvenient to sleep over at your drummers house 24/7 and record a slate of ideas that way, so thats a ligit question....

now for MY question (becuase I don't want to "spam" all over UG with unneccessary new posts)::: are either one of these pieces of software capable of recording or tabing out riffs that are down tuned quite low, & not just standard tunings (e.g. E-stndrd - drop D) 'cuz I thot I read somewhere along time ago that its only good for standard.
Hence my string guages (below - my signature) are my actually custom set (I ordered them as singles from D'addario site + a small bass string set - incase anyone cares).

so now this thread raises 2 questions total... handle low tunings?
& does it simply (yes or no) create fast double-bass drum stuff??
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by soulreaper666

I have never used these pieces of software (as u already kno, due to my previous reply)
BUT when I did alot of research on both, it really seems like that neither one does that heavy double kick shit....BUT! here's some software I found that really should work for just that (although I havent used it... yet) so look in to it...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALESR18
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory