I didn't think this belonged in the bass/guitar forum so here goes:

My current band has fallen apart and me and the drummer always wished to go in a seperate direction to the rest so are forming a new band with me as guitar and vocals. My budget is rather limited (still have to buy the guitar, amp, mic and stand) and the current plan is to run the mic through my bass amp which i wouldn't be using as this would mean i wouldn't have to buy 2 new amps.

I was wondering whether this is a stupid idea or not, i.e. whether running a mic through a bass amp gives a rubbish sound or if it is alright to cope with until i can get another guitar/keyboard amp (PA's are out of the question, far too expensive.) So if you've tried mic > bass amp could you please let me know your opinions on the subject.

Shroom.
Lyrics Crit 4 Crit
More Graves To Fill (14-05-2009)
Jus Ad Bellum (10-05-2009)

Quote by ragebass89
That is ****in awesome! I mean not that he died, but the fact that monkeys killed him.

it sounds alrite, so long as the vocalist isnt singing falsetto or anything. my only concern would be whether or not the would be powerful enough to work with a drum kit. wat kinda bass amp is it?
It's a 20W Peavy Microbass and when the bass is plugged in it can easily get over the drum kit, most of the time i only have volume on half when playing with drummer.
Lyrics Crit 4 Crit
More Graves To Fill (14-05-2009)
Jus Ad Bellum (10-05-2009)

Quote by ragebass89
That is ****in awesome! I mean not that he died, but the fact that monkeys killed him.