I've been losing sleep over this for like six months now. Any advice/experiences from people who have either of these? I've played both, but still can't decide. I love metal and have always been more into rhythm playing but recently have started to shred. so considering that...

Ltd EC-500 (gloss black)

http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstore/930011008130.html

OR

Schecter Hellraiser Avenger (gloss black also)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-Avenger-Electric-Guitar?sku=513844

The Ltd seems more solid and powerful whereas the Schecter is more shrederrific. So, as a primary guitar for playing both lead and rhythm in metal, which would be your choice?

(Price isn't an issue, but the Schecter is about 50 AUD cheaper)

Thanks
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Im a sucker for ESP LTD especially the eclipse

then again schecters are pretty sweet too

I think id go with the EC 500 cuz the schecter seems like you said more "shrederrific"
lol but i want to shred! That is the (unconfirmed) weakness i perceive in the ec-500, that you can't shred on it. Can anyone prove me wrong?
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
If I were you I would choose the schecter over the ESP LTD any day.
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
Quote by 123-Trav
lol but i want to shred! That is the (unconfirmed) weakness i perceive in the ec-500, that you can't shred on it. Can anyone prove me wrong?

I can sweep pick, and play arpeggios cleanly and fast on my Les Paul, and it has a thicker neck than the EC-500. It's all about your technique, plus that Schecter is ass ugly.
my old guitar teacher had an EC of some sort (i was uninterested back then) and he preferred it for shred over his ibanez SZ.

Quality wise there probably isn't much between the 2, but the schecter is cheaper and looks better imo
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD