HEllo,
my friend bought the software Guitar Rig 2.. and it works, if he plug his guitar in the PC Soundcard, but with a gap between strumming and output!!
And if I change the setting in the proigram to lower gap, then the sound is crunshy and ****ty!!
Shoulod I buy a new Soundcard? But wich one?? What is ASIO??
Deutschland
try using your line in instead of your mic slot
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
my advice is don't bother, you will get so much better sound out of say a tube amplifier which can cost the same as a decent pc with good software and you will be able to gig with one and they are so much more reliable.

Also when you come to recording, direct recording into pc sounds in my opinion far too flat and boring, if say you record in a good room with a good mic set up correctly with your amp you will get a much more impressive recording. Better still it will also be so much more natural.

Think about it, how many professional guitarists use a pc to amplify their sound?
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
try using your line in instead of your mic slot

agreed
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Yes, but money is the question
With this software im able to have components for 100,000€ in one.. And anyway he bought it already :=)

So how is it the line in slot dont give me any sound!!
Deutschland
open volume control in windows, then options>properties> adjust volume for: recording> click ok> then tick the box under line in and select your desired volume
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
ASIO is a standard for audio drivers, like directx. If the soundcard is ASIO compatible, get the latest updated drivers for it. Most current recording apps on the computer will recognize and utilize the ASIO drivers. That's latency you're experiencing, which ASIO does a good job at addressing. If you don't want to invest in a soundcard, there are cheaper USB and firewire interface cable/devices that do a good job of keeping the latency very low, since it's a high digital transfer rate.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I was talking about devices like the M-audio jamlab that have ASIO drivers, they are like $30USD though. There are better options the higher you go in price obviously. Go into the recording forum, and read up on the stickes, then post in there, there are a bunch of guys that have a lot of experience recording to PC.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids