Weird title huh? Right now I'm using a Schecter C1 Classic with EMG 81/85, since I play mostly metal. However, I absolutely hate having to change the tuning so much since I play songs in Standard but also in drop tunings. To fix this matter I am considering to buy another guitar. This way I'll have a guitar for Standard/drop D tuning and a guitar for the lower tunings.

I still have the Duncan pickups I took from my C1 Classic. If I get a new guitar, ill put these back in and use the EMG 81/85 from my schecter for whatever new guitar I would buy. Theres no point in buying a guitar with awesome pickups, when I already have awesome pickups to put in it. The guitar will be used for down tuned metal. Stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Kataklysm, Flaw. Price: about $500-600, since it doesnt need good pickups.

Recommendations?
WTLTL 2011
You could always post a wanted ad in the Classifieds.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
ibanez? they make good guitars but their pickups leave something to be desired.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I saw that a lot of ibanez guitars have 3 pickups, or a tremolo. I change my tunings a lot, so a tremolo is not for me. I suppose I could have a better look for a 2 pickup ibanez though...
WTLTL 2011
look at the ibanez SZ series. they are superb and cheapish. string through which is always nice
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
look at the ibanez SZ series. they are superb and cheapish. string through which is always nice

Yeah pretty much the first thing that came into my head,
have a look at them
if you like the tone and feel of your schecter , just get like the C-1 + or something, and put those pickups in it....

the ibanez SZ is awesome too
schetecters are a joke. It's for little kids who can't afford a good guitar. then then they say "OMG look I h4d a c1 wooot!11`".

Get a good guitar with good pickups, because that pick up isn't even that great.

If the pick ups suck, then chances are the guitar will suck as well.

Try out some of the BC riches.
Quote by nan0
schetecters are a joke. It's for little kids who can't afford a good guitar. then then they say "OMG look I h4d a c1 wooot!11`".

Get a good guitar with good pickups, because that pick up isn't even that great.

bc rich pups aren't anything to write home about. so going with your little theory there all bc riches would be horrible. ibanez make great guitars with poor pups. also the majoirty of schecter (including the lowest of their range) are as good and better than high end bc riches

fender stock pups are pretty pants, jackson pups suck, esp pups suck. etc etc

higher end models are often the same guitar with better pups and tuners, not usually worth the mark up price
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD

Go for an Agile...300 can go a long way with them
Ibanez MTM2 (DiMarzio X2N/Paf Pro)
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
Quote by nan0

I thought you were cool for a second, but then you suggested BC Rich...
Ibanez RGA, used on the bay. Or, you could try going to a Sam Ash...I hear they have them marked down in some areas.
Ibanez RGA 121 PAF Pro/Evolution 2
Blackheart Little Giant
EH Nano Metal Muff
Ibanez RG321MH @$300
Ibanez RGA @$1000
ibanez SZ @$500

Ill check these out. Although I find the price tag on the RGA a bit much, and the SZ doesn't have the coveted wizard or prestige neck. Keep suggestions coming!

Oh and to nan0, I don't know what makes you more uncredible: The fact that you spell Schecter as schetecter, or that you're calling the schecter c1-classic a toy. (and recommend a BC rich?? wow.) For your own sake, I hope you are being sarcastic.

Votes seem to be pretty much anonymous on Ibanez guitars though;p
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 16, 2007,
You probably wont need to change the pickups in the end. The affordable Ibanez pickups sound pretty good.
I'm having doubts between the RGA and the RG321MH. The RGA is awesome right from the box, but the RG321MH can be made awesome if I change the bridge and pickups. I already have an EMG81/85 set I can put in it....so would it be better for me to get the much cheaper RG321MH and change the pickups + bridge or get the RGA and change only the pickups?
WTLTL 2011
The pickups on the Ibanez rga is not that bad, infact, i quite like the ibz. The v7 and v8 are good aswell, but the pickups on the rg321 are crap.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by Mark G
I'm having doubts between the RGA and the RG321MH. The RGA is awesome right from the box, but the RG321MH can be made awesome if I change the bridge and pickups. I already have an EMG81/85 set I can put in it....so would it be better for me to get the much cheaper RG321MH and change the pickups + bridge or get the RGA and change only the pickups?

Man, there's no comparison between the guitars. The RGA is 100x better quality wise (made in japan). This is a fact and noone will tell you otherwise. If you can afford a RGA, BUY IT!
¯|(°_o)/¯
Ah that would have been my next question. Thanks, the RG321 is disqualified due to quality issues.

So the RGA is the winner. Man that thing is expensive though:p
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Ah that would have been my next question. Thanks, the RG321 is disqualified due to quality issues.

So the RGA is the winner. Man that thing is expensive though:p

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure the rg321 is equal to a cheap epiphone or something, while the RGA is equal to a Gibson Standard (don't flame me if you have a different opinion)
The RGA is a Highend guitar, while the RG321 is a lowend. That doesn't mean that you can't rock with a RG321, but it's just not even close.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Go Agile 3500!!!!!

fuccking sick~
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Hahaha, well, I need a second guitar to play lower tunings. I already have a spare set of EMG 81/85, so finding an awesome guitar with **** pickups to replace would have been perfect. Seems that theres no such guitar though. Ive got a loooooot of saving to do if I want to get that RGA....I was really looking for a guitar $700 max.
WTLTL 2011