id go for the S. It looks better, has a better bridge and it is made out of mahogany.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
yeah s for sure, much better guitar, and i've played on both of them
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

I'd go with the S470.

You want to stay well away from the Edge III trem if you're wanting a guitar with one, plus the ZR is fantastic.

If you can try them that would be better though, because some people feel uncomfortable with the S470 as the body is so thin.
^ yeah if he's covering. when writing your own material you just avoid using 23 and 24 lol (because you can't..)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
well u can hit the trem alittle harder wit the ZR to get sum 23,24 fret sounds, its not the same but i wouldnt get a crappier guitar just because of those 2 frets, maybe get a digitech whammy pedal?, oh and btw threadstarter, i believe its 3 inches of blood
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
go for the s
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
If you aren't going to use the trem, Washburn x50pro would be the best option.

But I am guessing that you are...

So the S > RG

But, you can get a nice RG550 or RG570 or RG1570 used.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

oh right yeh i meant 3 inches must of been a typo, you all say good reasons but isnt the RG supposed to be for metal? the s470 does look good but the RG has the stage presence
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
oh right yeh i meant 3 inches must of been a typo, you all say good reasons but isnt the RG supposed to be for metal? the s470 does look good but the RG has the stage presence

you and your playing should be creating the presence
Ok, you seem very eager to buy an RG, even though an S is a way bigger value than most non-prestige RG.

Is a tremolo something you really want? Cause if so, sorry to inform you that no non-prestige RG model has a good tremolo.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Dude get the S.

Honestly: the RG's horns and overall look are a bit tacky, imo. S's are really awesome lookers, and they are going to be better overall than any RG you listed.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
RG > S; HOWEVER, S > that RG. Edge IIIs suck, and S Trems are great. Buy the S.

ZRs are alright. Stay in tune but I hate the feel. And the trem bars break a lot easier.

I just wish they would release an old school S with the original body design, original wizard neck, and a lo pro.
get the S
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo